matrix blew apart

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

lovelight

Re: matrix blew apart

Post by lovelight »

Kind of what I was thinking Andrew. I guess I was mainly looking at it from the company's point of view and the cost of warranty coverage. As Boo mentions, someone either has done the math or will do the math and the chips will fall where they will.
Boo

Post by Boo »

Andrew, just curious. Why did you not want a ADF unit? Have you had bad experiences with them?
Some people just like stepping on rakes
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

If the 355 came with redds then there would be no mistaking where brace height should be. At the very least Excal should consider updating their owners manual to address brace height.

Strike that, maybe it's covered on the DVD they send with the bow.
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

Boo wrote:Andrew, just curious. Why did you not want a ADF unit? Have you had bad experiences with them?
No bad experience. I don't see the need for me personally. I had no issues with my Equinox nor my Matrix 355. The anti-dryfire device wasn't even a notion on past Excalibur crossbows and I still believe this to be true.

I also didn't want an extra step while decocking as well.

Excalibur obviously knew of the market for a ADF device, so why not jump on the money train. See the Excalibur quote and video link below contradicts the Anti-Dry Fire device.
Excalibur wrote:Anti-Dry Fire mechanisms sound like a good idea, but in reality they can create more problems than they're worth. If you have a compound crossbow, an anti-dry fire mechanism is important - one dry fire and the bow is generally trashed. Excalibur Crossbows, on the other hand, can withstand a dry fire without significant damage. So, adding an anti-dry fire mechanism introduces more complexity - which means more things to go wrong - without providing much value.
Tech Tip: Anti-Dry Fire
http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/videos/player/385

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
Boo

Post by Boo »

Andrew, in fairness when that video was made there was no Matrix.
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

Boo wrote:Andrew, in fairness when that video was made there was no Matrix.
I understand, but should be less of a problem with the Matrix limbs.
Excalibur wrote:Matrix offers longer limb life. 60% longer!
Andrew

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

one shot scott wrote:If the 355 came with redds then there would be no mistaking where brace height should be. At the very least Excal should consider updating their owners manual to address brace height.

Strike that, maybe it's covered on the DVD they send with the bow.
The received the same DVD and manual with my Matrix 355 as I did with my Equinox. No mention of the Matrix.

Boo

Post by Boo »

yooper_man wrote:
Andrew
Now I'm not an employee nor am I in the marketing department but it seems to me that the limb tips are the only part of the bow that suffers from a dryfire. That been said I was talking to Danny Miller before the Matrix came out and he suggested that it wouldn't be a bad idea for people to have a spare limb tip hanging around. Limb tips can get damaged a few ways and all one has to do is epoxy another on and you're good to go after the epoxy sets.
Personally considering the things I've smacked with my limb tips I'm surprised I've never had to replace them. I've hit doors, trees and patio chairs. Do I have extra limb tips? Yep! Am I capable of making a mistake? Yep, for all the shooting I do I make a few blunders a year.
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

Boo wrote:
yooper_man wrote:
Andrew
Now I'm not an employee nor am I in the marketing department but it seems to me that the limb tips are the only part of the bow that suffers from a dryfire. That been said I was talking to Danny Miller before the Matrix came out and he suggested that it wouldn't be a bad idea for people to have a spare limb tip hanging around. Limb tips can get damaged a few ways and all one has to do is epoxy another on and you're good to go after the epoxy sets.
Personally considering the things I've smacked with my limb tips I'm surprised I've never had to replace them. I've hit doors, trees and patio chairs. Do I have extra limb tips? Yep! Am I capable of making a mistake? Yep, for all the shooting I do I make a few blunders a year.
I am only human and there may be a dry fire in my future, but hard to predict. Maybe I've had a run of good luck. I try my best to prevent a dry fire as anyone would and so far my system works for me.

I am happy to have Danny Miller as a U.S.A. warranty representative.

I bought his (version of the R.E.D.S.) Rubber Baby Buggy Bumpers, since he is the one that turned me off of Excalibur's S5/R.E.D.S. bumpers. He told me they are a design failure and either grind off a portion of the ball or have the shafts turned down to 3/8". Well I sold off my Equinox unmodified and bought his RBBB's for my Matrix 355 for only $25.00. This is a huge saving vs Excalibur R.E.D.S.

I should give him a call for spare limb tips and what type of epoxy to use.

Andrew

Boo

Post by Boo »

Good idea.
I haven't had the pleasure of a dryfire on a Matrix yet either but 2 others who wanted to try shooting my 380 did and I'm glad I had the ADF. I thought using it was going to drive me bananas but it's second nature now.
I know some guys have backup limbs but I really think the Matrix limbs are better because of the way they act when fired so I think anyone going on a long or far away hunt should think about a backup limb tip at minimum.
gtonini

Post by gtonini »

Geez that looks scarey to me I hope that only occurs when you have a dry fire. Makes you wonder. Can you buy spare limb tips from Dan Miller ?
Rev X
Boo String
Rev X arrows
Swacker 150 grain
3x9 leuopold scope
wcbarker

Post by wcbarker »

Where are the pics????????
I think it is spam
Waif

Post by Waif »

(Raises hand.)
Bear with me folks, Boo,s picture of brace height has me wondering how to compare brace heights with multiple stops and stud modifications on them.
Control data would be all over. But for this issue, being no dampening on Brice,s bow it should be greater distance with wear or stretch of string thus a shorter time before effect to great?
Stuff makes me curious ,its better when its some one elses,sorry Bricen.
If string wound up where it is on left side in pic it may suggest how it came off left side and what order,first? Sure come off clean on left.
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
steve rodo

Post by steve rodo »

Id say maybe dry fire or to light of an bolt.
Excalibur is the bomb when it comes to this situation.They will take care of it with pictures and so on .
Get in touch with Excalibur, Peter is the person to talk with.
2013 380 excalibur X 2 BEE arra's 465gr loaded out arra . HHA Optizimer Lumenocks Red 150gr boltcutters Trigger Teck 1.5lb Dan's Custom String C2 Crank .24% FOC 105KE

A True Friend Never Lie's.
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

id be suprised Excalibur doesnt torture test new xbows with extreme brace settings. wonder if adding a roll pin would keep them from popping off. i have a love hate relation with epoxy. works wonders sometimes but fails more than i like.