Price and availability on matrix 330

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Crappie

Price and availability on matrix 330

Post by Crappie »

Has any heard anything on when they can be purchased?
Normous

Re: Price and availability on matrix 330

Post by Normous »

Releasing in February.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Fred T

Post by Fred T »

And if this model is as popular as most expect it may be hard to snag one.
I invision line ups and battles akin to the Cabbage patch kids doll craze :shock: :lol:

I believe I read an MSRP of $749
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

The Power stroke as listed ( 11.37) in the Specs fall short of the Ontario MNR Regulations. ( 11.8 )
So until I see an OFFICIAL confirmation that Excalibur Marketing has gotten from the Ontario MNR that the Matrix 330 is cleared for big game hunting use.
I 'll pass for the time being.

As it is defined now it may not be legal to use for hunting big game in the province.
mbc4

Post by mbc4 »

package price is $770 with vary-zone scope.
better an overkill than an underkill
vortex,vixenmaster string
2219s, abc steel sonics
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

colouredchameleon wrote:The Power stroke as listed ( 11.37) in the Specs fall short of the Ontario MNR Regulations. ( 11.8 )
So until I see an OFFICIAL confirmation that Excalibur Marketing has gotten from the Ontario MNR that the Matrix 330 is cleared for big game hunting use.

As it is defined now it may not be legal to use for hunting big game in the province.
I think they measure from riser joint & it should be very legal. Someone up there should no more about it than i do down here in these hills :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Bones

Post by Bones »

colouredchameleon wrote:The Power stroke as listed ( 11.37) in the Specs fall short of the Ontario MNR Regulations. ( 11.8 )

I mentioned this last week in a different thread but Our MNR measures to the front edge of the limb from trigger so the 330 will be fine.
colouredchameleon

Where may I find the actual measurement guidlines the COs use to make their determination.
I have learned over the years that when it comes to OMNR regulation that there are many different interpretations by each person on how they understands what they have read.
So I like to have official confirmation not just someones word on it.
It really is too bad that someone at Excalibur had not forseen the confusion their Power Stroke Specs could have vs regulations and had address the confusion it creates from the get go.
Bones I don't know from adam and you may very well be right but forgive me but the cost is too great to find out after the fact you are not.
I for now can only go by two certain facts ( Excalibur Marix 330 11.37 power stroke) ( OMNR regs page 24 - minimum11.8 )
Now if you have actual information that can be verified (Website / Regulation Doc ) then I am open to give it a look at.
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
Bones

Post by Bones »

colouredchameleon wrote:Where may I find the actual measurement guidlines the COs use to make their determination.
I have learned over the years that when it comes to OMNR regulation that there are many different interpretations by each person on how they understands what they have read.
So I like to have official confirmation not just someones word on it.
It really is too bad that someone at Excalibur had not forseen the confusion their Power Stroke Specs could have vs regulations and had address the confusion it creates from the get go.
Bones I don't know from adam and you may very well be right but forgive me but the cost is too great to find out after the fact you are not.
I for now can only go by two certain facts ( Excalibur Marix 330 11.37 power stroke) ( OMNR regs page 24 - minimum11.8 )
Now if you have actual information that can be verified (Website / Regulation Doc ) then I am open to give it a look at.
No problem I understand I'll try and point you in the right direction.
Page 24 of our reg's say 11.8 inch draw length, Then refer to page 23 and I will quote " The draw length of a crossbow is measuered along the bolt ramp (where bolt rest's ) from the outer edge of the main limb, to the anchor point ( release mechanism ) at full draw." I thought the same at one point no worrie's
colouredchameleon

So my next question of course is.
How is Excalibur's Power stroke measured.

Thanks
Last edited by colouredchameleon on Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:41 pm, edited 3 times in total.
lovelight

Post by lovelight »

Power stroke is the distance from full draw to brace height. Draw length is substantially longer than power stroke and there should be no problem with the 330.
colouredchameleon

Thanks NEPAbowhunter

I have used that link before on two occasions.
Result was the same both times.
No return response both times.
They are either overwhelmed or another goverment idea that they have no time for or resources ($$$) to follow through on.
Raymond

Post by Raymond »

enormous wrote:Releasing in February.
Hi Raymond,

The matrix 330 has an msrp of $769.00

Peter
ertreecare

Post by ertreecare »

hello all i ordered the matrix 330 for $769 last week and it isnt available till the end of febuary so there is a good wait for this bow i look to recieve mine in march but most places are throwing in a 6 pack of diablo bolt free for having to wait