HHA Optimizers Scope Dial-????

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

paulaboutform

HHA Optimizers Scope Dial-????

Post by paulaboutform »

I'm thinking of picking one up and trying it out. Has anyone tried it out and will it work on a Matrix 380 or 405 with the A.D.F. ??
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
cspot

Re: HHA Optimizers Scope Dial-????

Post by cspot »

Yes it will work on the 380. I had to use the extension that extends the dial out to the side a little more. Works well.
Excalibur Matrix 330, Micro 335
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

cspot wrote:Yes it will work on the 380. I had to use the extension that extends the dial out to the side a little more. Works well.
Would you recommend it and could you use it with a multireticle scope? ie. 0-80 yards on the dial and set up the multi plex reticles for 90-120 yards? Strictly for target of course. I thought it might be fun to see what these bows can do at that range on a target...hunting i want it inside of 40yards.
cspot

Post by cspot »

I like the HHA a lot. The reason I went to it was so I could use a single reticle scope and get rid of the clutter. With a family of 5 that uses 2 crossbows it was too confusing with multi-reticle scopes. Dial the HHA to the distance and you are ready to go. You could use a mult-reticle scope to do what you want to do with it.
Excalibur Matrix 330, Micro 335
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

I have one on my 380 and it works great! Dead on out to 80 yards which is great to play with target shooting but much farther than I would want to shoot for an animal. My thanks to Steve R for doing such a great job setting this system up for me.

Now as far as using a multi reticle scope, I am sure you could set it up to shoot over a range but it would only be good at a set "distance" and scope magnification. Basically the optimizer tilts the scope to compensate for arrow drop and allows you to use the zoom to magnify your target, which is great feature especially at the longer distances. Assuming you had enough magnification range on the scope, I see no reason why you could not turn the optimizer up to 80 yards, then play with the scope magnification the same way you would at 20 - 50 yards. You could then mark the magnification ring so you could easily repeat this setting when the optimizer was maxed out and you would be all set. At those distances I would think the arrow drop would be much more exaggerated so each mark might be only 5 yards instead of 10, but it could be done.

I would want to have a really big target and use some second string arrows for that kind of shooting because I would certainly go through a few arrows setting something like that up.

Definitely an interesting idea, if I find a day with the right weather I may have to try it, just for kicks.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Does the optimizer attach to the existing rail of the xbow or is the stock scope rail removed and the optimizers attached in it's place?