Dear Bowtech

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

MJK

Re: Dear Bowtech

Post by MJK »

Well said Dan, I totally agree and feel the same. I too just started crossbow hunting this past year and bought an Exocet 200 based on what I read on these forums and others. Since then I've recommended only Excaliburs to anyone interested in getting into crossbow hunting. Lets hope this merger doesn't turn us into liars.
Waif

Post by Waif »

Just told a friend last night who owns an Exocet and does not use it but once to hold on to it!. Now I will remind him for sure, just in case.
Great post xcaliber.
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
Boo

Post by Boo »

xcaliber wrote:Dear Bowtech, or whatever name you're going to pin on the Excalibur Crossbows. I just want to say a few things to get them off my chest. I really don't know where to start, but here goes.
I recently got into crossbow hunting in the last year. I have tried many brands of vertical bows over the 30 plus years I have been hunting. I bought an Excalibur because of what i read here on this forum, and a few others. I then went to sporting goods stores to shoot not only Excalibur models, but other makes as well. I'm traditionally a tree stand hunter, but do hunt on the ground a bit as well.I wanted a crossbow that was more compact, but after seeing the quality, and reflecting back on what others said about the product, and service, it was an obvious choice for me. I bought the Ibex to learn the ins, and outs, knowing full well that a dry fire would occur. I then got a Vortex, and soon after a Matrix 355. I have Excalibur stickers on my truck, and tell everyone I see that is looking at crossbows to go Excalibur because i think they are the best out there. I have never purchased 3 models of anything in over 30 years of hunting, especially not in one year.
I hope you listen to the customers that have built this company with their loyalty over the years, and continue to provide the best products, and service possible going forward. If you can do that, you will have a following, and loyal customer base for generations to come.

Sincerely,
Dan Winiecki AKA ( Xcaliber)
Well done Dan! This is the stuff that helps things go forward. Trashing out of lack of faith does nothing but discourage everyone.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
ldock

Post by ldock »

That was very well said Dan. I too got excaliber this year and am amazed at them. I had a ten point 3 yrs pryor and don't intend to get another. Let's stay positive and see what happens.
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

Stand behind ur bows
Keep them simple
Compact & easy to cock
Everybodies happy happy happy !
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

Great job Dan....I find it interesting....Bowtech is NOT an exhibitor at the PA Great American Outdoor Show in February....Of course Excalibur IS....hmmmm????

Anthony
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Bones

Post by Bones »

Not going any where. Not until they can prove they hold up to the total abuse my excalibur's experience.
one eye joe

Post by one eye joe »

Well said Dan. I too bought my first crossbow-an Ibex- this year, because of the reputation of Excalibur. Looked at the Stryker and Parker's, but stayed with simplicity and ruggedness. Hope Bowtech listens to Excalibur customers and follows the advice given. I hope to buy another crossbow, and hope that when I do the reputation of Excalibur will still be as strong as it is now.
Ibex (The Terrible)
Dan's (xcalibur) strings
DCA arrows
Swacker broadheads
munch

Post by munch »

dan well said ive owned a min, of 10 excaliburs .4 at present time wanted a new matrix this year but had to put a bow purchasre on hold this year for the first time in as long as i can remember
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
Boo

Post by Boo »

Bones wrote:Not going any where. Not until they can prove they hold up to the total abuse my excalibur's experience.
No kidding! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Some people just like stepping on rakes
SixLomaz

Post by SixLomaz »

They do not listen to your voices. They listen only to the sound of cha-ching $$$$$$ and watch the bottom line. Get parts and use your crossbows until you cannot repair them no more. That is what I am going to do.
QLOPS - Qualified Licensed Official Pot Stirrer

"Hunting with Id10ts can and will kill you." This is the reason I prefer to hunt alone.
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

SixLomaz wrote:They do not listen to your voices. They listen only to the sound of cha-ching $$$$$$ and watch the bottom line. Get parts and use your crossbows until you cannot repair them no more. That is what I am going to do.

Agreed SixLomaz...the worst that could then happen is we were all wrong....the new owners run Excalibur the way it should be and we have a bunch of spare parts....a great insurance policy!

Anthony
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX »

Boo wrote:
xcaliber wrote:Dear Bowtech, or whatever name you're going to pin on the Excalibur Crossbows. I just want to say a few things to get them off my chest. I really don't know where to start, but here goes.
I recently got into crossbow hunting in the last year. I have tried many brands of vertical bows over the 30 plus years I have been hunting. I bought an Excalibur because of what i read here on this forum, and a few others. I then went to sporting goods stores to shoot not only Excalibur models, but other makes as well. I'm traditionally a tree stand hunter, but do hunt on the ground a bit as well.I wanted a crossbow that was more compact, but after seeing the quality, and reflecting back on what others said about the product, and service, it was an obvious choice for me. I bought the Ibex to learn the ins, and outs, knowing full well that a dry fire would occur. I then got a Vortex, and soon after a Matrix 355. I have Excalibur stickers on my truck, and tell everyone I see that is looking at crossbows to go Excalibur because i think they are the best out there. I have never purchased 3 models of anything in over 30 years of hunting, especially not in one year.
I hope you listen to the customers that have built this company with their loyalty over the years, and continue to provide the best products, and service possible going forward. If you can do that, you will have a following, and loyal customer base for generations to come.

Sincerely,
Dan Winiecki AKA ( Xcaliber)
Well done Dan! This is the stuff that helps things go forward. Trashing out of lack of faith does nothing but discourage everyone.
I totally agree Dan and Boo! ... I have owned 6 crossbows total, 2 Barnett, 1 Bowtech/Stryker and 3 Excalibur Crossbows, they all have had their own little issues now and then, but also they all have had their own strong points. Change is not always bad, and before I go running to make judgement on the situation, I think I will observe a while and in the meantime enjoy the heck out of my Excalibur Crossbows, of which I currently have two.

I can say this about the Bowtech/Stryker, I would love to have the slick trigger assembly from the Bowtech/Stryker on my Excals. Who knows, a combination of the two bows may make for an even better crossbow in the long run, of course preferably with the Excalibur recurve limbs. As I do not want to have to run to a bow shop for a bow press just to change strings etc.

If Bowtech sticks to the K.I.S.S. method while improving upon certain aspects of modern crossbows to come, and stands behind their products just as Excalibur has in the past, ... then they just may gain that loyal following and customer/fan base that Excalibur has maintained for years!

Either way, we might as well sit back and watch it unfold, as it seems it has come to pass irregardless of what we may or may not think. It may be a bit of a bumpy ride to start with, but I'm not jumping the Excalibur ship anytime soon. :)

~XFX~
Assassin 360 Strata
BEA Zombie Slayer - BEA Executioner
Boo/VixenMaster/Xcaliber/NCHunterKW Strings
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

I have seen a difference in the last couple years. Seen a few disturbing issues that change was happening anyways. I am not going to share them with anyone as they just go into the memory bank. I am happy with the bows I own and have a good selection of parts to repair them.

I have no plans on a new Matrix at this time anyways. Prices will most definitely go up over time to pay the debit from purchasing the company. Borrow money and you have to pay the interest on it. It is a fact of life. Keep prices where they are and then corners have to be cut for that extra money.

I am excited to see what the future holds for Excalibur. Maybe they will help Bowtech to make a bullet proof compound crossbow and I would likely purchase one.

I am happy for Bill and Kath because semi retirement leading to retirement is always good. Wife has me on a retirement plan only mine is called "Freedom 95".

HI HO,HI HO, Off to work I go! :wink:
The Chief

Post by The Chief »

I also own 2 Excalibur's a Phoenix and an Ibex. I was planning on taking the plunge and buying a Matrix but I think I will put that on hold and see what happens. I am not a rich man and retirement puts me on a fixed income. So money is not a thing to be wasted. Before I bought my first crossbow I did a lot of research which is why I decided to go with Excalibur. Now with all the goings on I am just going to wait. I think there is going to be a lot of money lost this year for the company while a lot of folks keep their wallets closed and watch.