Fixed Blade Search

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Olmanstand

Fixed Blade Search

Post by Olmanstand »

Since I'm a constant tinkerer, Im always looking at arrows and broadheads...

I've shot a few montecs the last few months, but I like the specs of the VPA terminator. Just not much talk about them. Guess I will try out a pack of 125s for testing. Anyone have some feedback?
Nox & Max, Xcaliber Strings, Vixenmaster Strings, Dynaflight String, Munch Mounts, S5's, Nikon Bolt XRs, VPAs & Montecs, Big John Custom & 2216 Arrows
SixLomaz

Re: Fixed Blade Search

Post by SixLomaz »

Try WASP Boss broadhead 3 blade model - crossbow or bow they are the same except color. They never failed me.
QLOPS - Qualified Licensed Official Pot Stirrer

"Hunting with Id10ts can and will kill you." This is the reason I prefer to hunt alone.
Cossack

Post by Cossack »

I really like my Slick Trick std or mags. One tough, fly like a field point arrowhead.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
wilkster

Post by wilkster »

i agree with buddy on the the wasp -sledgehammer for the crossbow tune perfect to the diablo bolts and group really well and were leathal for us last season,also use the wasp boss for the my compound bow same thing lethal
Olmanstand

Post by Olmanstand »

Very true... All about confidence in ones rig... Just dialed in the Equinox, Very impressed.....
Nox & Max, Xcaliber Strings, Vixenmaster Strings, Dynaflight String, Munch Mounts, S5's, Nikon Bolt XRs, VPAs & Montecs, Big John Custom & 2216 Arrows
Olmanstand

Post by Olmanstand »

Heck I can bow hunt till mid Feb... They just starting to rut down here. I'll give' hell to the end! 8)
Point man

Post by Point man »

I really enjoy the VPA's best broad head available IMHO. I shoot them on my recurve, compound and 380 matrix. I have the 100 &125 terminators. The 175 grain custom shop terminators and 150 gr penetrators all non vented and my wife has the 100 gr vented terminators. Steel is a 1000x better than G5 Montec's and that's not opinion, that's a true statement. They sharpen extremely well on a stroping board. Every single model spin tests perfectly and the warranty is great. They will replace one or all. I purchased them through rayzorvpa.com. They may just be the last heads you'll ever buy.
Last edited by Point man on Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Olmanstand

Post by Olmanstand »

Thanks great review!
NFH

Post by NFH »

I just purchased some VPA vented 100s but haven't had a chance to let them fly due to all the white stuff... I will say they appear to be of good quality although a little pricey. This talk of warranty on another forum led me to the purchase but I was supprised to see there is no mention of any warranty on the packaging and I have yet to find anything on their website. Is the warranty totally word of mouth and unwritten??
Micro 335 Nightmare
Vortex XBR
Trigger Tech 2 stage
Flemish strings
Doc Miller RBBBs
SSA Spynal Tapps
SlickTricks
Magnus Black Hornet Ser-Razor
Point man

Post by Point man »

NFH wrote:I just purchased some VPA vented 100s but haven't had a chance to let them fly due to all the white stuff... I will say they appear to be of good quality although a little pricey. This talk of warranty on another forum led me to the purchase but I was supprised to see there is no mention of any warranty on the packaging and I have yet to find anything on their website. Is the warranty totally word of mouth and unwritten??
Did you get them from rayzor? You have a problem, he will make good. Say you decide you want the non vented model? Send them back. One doesn't spin test? Send it back.
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Magnus stingers or ss snuffers are my choice's, also the only bh's I know of with a life time warranty
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers