Making a crossbow fish arrow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Masboy

Making a crossbow fish arrow

Post by Masboy »

Not happy with the fiberglass fish arrows I bought as far as straitness an splintering . so built this arrow from a 16inch BEA executioner shaft sluged with 14 inches of a maxima hunter 350 shaft an squared everything before assembly an with 2 110 brass inserts with one in each end an a screw hole drilled an tapped in the nock end brass insert for the saftey slide stop.

Fitted a bohning fish tip on part of the brass insert on the tip end an epoxied on an put in the shaft an spin tested an spins like a top. total weight is 850gr an foc around 20 percect with a total arrow lenth around 19 -1/2 inches an should be a fine accurate arrow like my hunting BEA . seems to be a tuff ,stiff arrow an should work great from my around 100lb draw shorty crossbow for bowfishing an can,t wait to test it for accuracy.

Roadrunnr72

Re: Making a crossbow fish arrow

Post by Roadrunnr72 »

Slick, very slick, wondering how well it'll shoot.......RR
Phoenix
Matrix 380

I'm a member of PETA
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

That's so awesome! I'm completely addicted to bowfishing carp. I've never tried xbowfishing them though. How's the bowfishing in your neck of the woods? I only shot 3 last year. 14,15,& 16lbs..
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

The river I live next to is full of them an also big flathead catfish that I will be after that were allowed to shoot. I,m still trying to get my rig the way I want it with lots of trial an error :lol: ruined a lot of stuff an ended up cutting my rail down to get around 100lb pull an slow it down an that made a big difference . now going to mount a muzzy spinner on the front an think I will be ok :roll:
timbikeride

Post by timbikeride »

I've wondered for years why there weren't crossbow fishing rigs. Or then again, maybe there is and I just didn't know it.
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Have you tried it out yet? I'd like to figure out a way to convert my Vixen to a fishing bow . . .but, I do not want to cut down the rail. So, how heavy would I need to make the arrow and is there a weight that exceeds the recommended weight?
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

I tryed about everything I could think of with my vixen an could just not slow the thing down enough without ruining lots of stuff :lol: getting ready to post my new rig that I shot today an seems great.
timbikeride

Post by timbikeride »

I want to try this myself, but hadn't even thought about how destructive my Matrix would be on the equipment. A super heavy bolt would slow things down, but it would penetrate concrete :lol: