Wyverns

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

8ptbuk

Wyverns

Post by 8ptbuk »

I called Wyverns today to order a 380 and spoke with david , He suggested that I wait a few days because then he would be able to sell me a bow with alot better package ( Hawk XB30, BEE arowws , Custom strings , etc ... ) He said they were having alot of problems with tact-zone scopes . Basically you start with a bare bow and put what you want on it . As for the custom strings , he said they had some strings that the loops were to big on and it was jerking the tips off ???? All this was news to me ! P.S. Dont shoot the messenger !!
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Normous

Re: Wyverns

Post by Normous »

Spend as much as your budget can afford on a scope, you will be happy you did. Does Wyvern carry Leupold?
You are better off with a stock string first or one later from our forum string makers, or a home made one in your case.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
wyvern

Post by wyvern »

Our strings are being made for us by JBK Strings. This took some time and testing to get exactly what we wanted. They don't stretch like the factory string and pick up a few fps in the process. We had an issue with a few limb tips on the Matrix ripping off if the loops got too large so we are making them the correct size for the tips. (this was with the stock string if there were no REDS on the bow and people did not notice that the brace height had dropped too much) They will need some wax and abit of effort to get them on the first time but we have beat the crap out of our test bow and it works great and wears like iron. We did this simply to avoid any potential issues. We were not having problems with the Tack-zone, it was more that we want to offer our customers options in better optics. Hope that clears things up some :)
Wyvern
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

wyvern wrote:Our strings are being made for us by JBK Strings. This took some time and testing to get exactly what we wanted. They don't stretch like the factory string and pick up a few fps in the process. We had an issue with a few limb tips on the Matrix ripping off if the loops got too large so we are making them the correct size for the tips. (this was with the stock string if there were no REDS on the bow and people did not notice that the brace height had dropped too much) They will need some wax and abit of effort to get them on the first time but we have beat the crap out of our test bow and it works great and wears like iron. We did this simply to avoid any potential issues. We were not having problems with the Tack-zone, it was more that we want to offer our customers options in better optics. Hope that clears things up some :)
Wyvern

I thought the tips were only coming off on the 355's with out the adf, never heard of a 380's tips coming off
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Almost any string loops will enlarge if'en the bow is dryfired!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
wyvern

Post by wyvern »

We only had the issue on a few 355's without the reds. The 380's have the reds so people noticed if the strings were stretching and made the adjustments. Dry fires are a whole different issue :)
Wyvern
Limbs and Sticks

wyvern wrote:We only had the issue on a few 355's without the reds. The 380's have the reds so people noticed if the strings were stretching and made the adjustments. Dry fires are a whole different issue :)
Wyvern

My question is the 355's with out the reds the issue or folks not noticing the string stretching or the loops to large as you first stated? Also how much faster are these new strings going to be, I thought stock string for the 405 is 405fps?
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

Could it be that the string / tip issues is why an amendment was made to the Warranty in May regarding After Market Compenents.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

If'en a person doesn't watch their brace ht wid string no string will hold up to riser slap
Half Bubble Off BD360

Limbs and Sticks

Swamp Donky wrote:String loops need to be (tight fit) on the Matrix series limb tips... Learn't this lesson the hard way myself with my first M380!

Like David said... Dry fires are a whole nother story! :wink:

Dry fires are usually the cause of the problem to begin with, but most won't own up to it even with the warranty excal has so they look for other reasons :(
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
wyvern

Post by wyvern »

"Also how much faster are these new strings going to be"
We gained about 5fps on a 355 we were playing with in testing. Our major concern was not so much speed but eliminating the stretch and making it as durable as we could...JBK spent quite a bit of time trying different things for us till we came up with what we wanted :)
Wyvern
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Jus what material is jbk strings made of ? ENL or Flemish ?
Half Bubble Off BD360

wyvern

Post by wyvern »

As a quick correction on a post above: I worded something wrong. I had a couple of issues with the factory string breaking off the limb tips due to stretch on 355's without the suppressor (brace height dropping too low). The loops were not too large, they were simply pulling at the wrong angle. I had one guy make his own string and made the loops too big and that one ripped the tips off due to the loop size. Two different problems. Sorry for the confusion. Bottom line is that our strings will be the same as the factory ones...tight to put on the first time like they need to be. Ours will be BCY X and endless loop with Magesty serving.
Wyvern
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

I bought my matrix from David at Wyvern's and the service was great, price was unbeatable and there's no tax. Delivery time was shorter than anticipated.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits