Boofest 2014 for all members - July 26th and 27th

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Doe Master
Site Admin

Re: Boofest 2014 for all members - July 26th and 27th

Post by Doe Master »

It is a get together of like minded individuals . Who enjoy the outdoors and bows . Some people partake in a few wobbly pops but it is definitely not a all out party . (There is kids there )
But this is Boo/Don`s party so I will let him explain it better . :)
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Boo

Post by Boo »

Nightstalker wrote:Hi all I'm new here, really new, as a matter of fact I just got here hehe. Just bought a Matrix 380 and joined the forum a few minutes ago. So what's Boofest? who is it open to, what's the cost to attend, what goes on there......Almost afraid to ask from the few of the posts I've read hehehe :lol:
There's no cost to attend, it's open to all members in good standing. We run a charity auction as a side line and there are a ton of awesome items that you'll see in the last sticky.
We have an informal 3D shoot with prizes. Heck, last year Tim ran over his wife's bow just to show how tough it is! :mrgreen: Triggertech will be there if you want to check out their triggers, Danny Miller will be there, Peter (The Excalibur Marketing Dude) will be there. It's a great weekend with lots of talking, catching up and loads of smiles!
Some people just like stepping on rakes
TPM

Post by TPM »

Boo wrote:
Nightstalker wrote:Hi all I'm new here, really new, as a matter of fact I just got here hehe. Just bought a Matrix 380 and joined the forum a few minutes ago. So what's Boofest? who is it open to, what's the cost to attend, what goes on there......Almost afraid to ask from the few of the posts I've read hehehe :lol:
There's no cost to attend, it's open to all members in good standing. We run a charity auction as a side line and there are a ton of awesome items that you'll see in the last sticky.
We have an informal 3D shoot with prizes. Heck, last year Tim ran over his wife's bow just to show how tough it is! :mrgreen: Triggertech will be there if you want to check out their triggers, Danny Miller will be there, Peter (The Excalibur Marketing Dude) will be there. It's a great weekend with lots of talking, catching up and loads of smiles!
Actually Don, I was testing out just how tough the tires on the van were. I knew the Excal would survive no problem.
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Boo

Post by Boo »

Tim, it boggles the mind that Moni didn't tear a strip off you that moment! You're married to the right girl! :D
TPM

Post by TPM »

Boo wrote:Tim, it boggles the mind that Moni didn't tear a strip off you that moment! You're married to the right girl! :D
Don, you're right. We've always had the philosophy the the best things in life aren't "things". Material things can be fun and provide a lot of enjoyment but in most cases they're not worth getting upset over. :)
Having said that I think I would have torn a strip off myself if I ran over my own bow. :shock:

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I arrived minutes after Tims strength test of Moni's bow lol and it was Moni who brought me around to meet everyone and there was not a smig of anger on her smilin face, your a lucky guy Tim.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
TPM

Post by TPM »

Driving through Toronto has always had a calming effect on her.

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

TPM wrote:Driving through Toronto has always had a calming effect on her.
No... definitely not! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: I avoid Toronto if at all possible.

Arriving at Don & Karin's on the other hand... now that was a breath of fresh air, literally and figuratively! :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

Bullzeye wrote:I arrived minutes after Tims strength test of Moni's bow lol and it was Moni who brought me around to meet everyone and there was not a smig of anger on her smilin face, your a lucky guy Tim.
This is in the same few minutes that she "read the directions" and figured out how to set my tent up! This saved me, Dan, and Danny from floating off in the flood. After she and TPM made sure the "Hicks from the States" didn't get lost between Excaliburs factory and Boo's place. We still owe 'em. All the folks at Boofest that year were just that nice.We had a Great time and if you can make it you owe it to yourself to go.y'all have a great time And they didn't make tooooo much fun of how I talked! :lol:
TPM

Post by TPM »

flightattendant100 wrote:
Bullzeye wrote:I arrived minutes after Tims strength test of Moni's bow lol and it was Moni who brought me around to meet everyone and there was not a smig of anger on her smilin face, your a lucky guy Tim.
This is in the same few minutes that she "read the directions" and figured out how to set my tent up! This saved me, Dan, and Danny from floating off in the flood. After she and TPM made sure the "Hicks from the States" didn't get lost between Excaliburs factory and Boo's place. We still owe 'em. All the folks at Boofest that year were just that nice.We had a Great time and if you can make it you owe it to yourself to go.y'all have a great time And they didn't make tooooo much fun of how I talked! :lol:
Paul, ya owe us nothing. I worked at a job site in Texas year ago and was treated great by everyone I met even though I talked funny. :D Just returning the favour. Y'all are wonderful people even if you do say "pank". :wink: Hope ya can make it again some year.

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
WalknTall

Post by WalknTall »

Hey Don,

I am thinking about dropping up for the day if that's OK?

What day and time will the auction be?

Wylie
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much", John Wayne
Boo

Post by Boo »

WalknTall wrote:Hey Don,

Wylie
Of course, Wylie! The timing of the auction will be up to my wife and hopefully Gena :mrgreen: If memory serves me I think it happened after dinner last year.
Sliver

Post by Sliver »

I'll drop by to say hello Don, and to donate my money to the auction,, just like last year :wink:
Exocet 175
Munch Mount
ComfyBear String
DaGriz Knife
WalknTall

Post by WalknTall »

Thanks Don!

I'll be up Saturday afternoon.
"Talk low, talk slow and don't talk too much", John Wayne
Cookies

Post by Cookies »

Boo wrote:
WalknTall wrote:Hey Don,

Wylie
Of course, Wylie! The timing of the auction will be up to my wife and hopefully Gena :mrgreen: If memory serves me I think it happened after dinner last year.

Of course I will be helping. Karin is awesome! Plus there's not many folks that have a louder mouth than me! :lol: :lol: :lol: need to get off this computer and start baking.. I realized I only have 9 days left.
Proud owner of a Vixen II Pink Camo and a Matrix 310, Matrix Bulldog 330, Big John Custom Black Eagle Arrows (Zombie Slayers), Custom Boo Strings, G5 Pink Broadheads, Lumenoks