Alumina flip back scope covers

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

paulaboutform

Alumina flip back scope covers

Post by paulaboutform »

I just wanted some feedback on these. I put a set on my new leupold scope and they seem great. Very low profile and I love that they screw into the scope. I've read rave reviews on them but even as they're sitting on my scope I'm still reeling from the price tag attached to them as they're 5× more than the butler creeks...much higher quality but price tag to match. Can someone tell me they have them and well worth the money and I'll be glad in the long run??? :?
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
strum

Re: Alumina flip back scope covers

Post by strum »

got any pics?

I say if you done bought em then its happy happy time :lol:
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Paul, what leupold did you buy them for and what's the price of them ? Smart purchase !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
strum

Post by strum »

I looked em up ..man they look super nice..i can see what you mean about the price but the quality is there.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
shooter00

Post by shooter00 »

I splurged and put them on all three of my Leupolds.
I got tired of the BC's breaking and not fitting too good.
Yes they are expensive but the fit and finish is awesome :wink:
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

I've got them on my VX3 scopes, and I do like them a lot. I like the Butler Creeks too and still use them but I seem to break a lot of the objective covers. With the cover open it takes very little side pressure to break the hinge, I've broken them when it bumps against my backpack, catch a little limb or briar, etc. So I figured as many as I've had to replace I'd be ahead in the long run with the Aluminas. Plus they just look great on a Leupold. :D BTW, they fit the Redfield Revolution scopes too, not sure about the other Redfields.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

8ptbuk wrote:Paul, what leupold did you buy them for and what's the price of them ? Smart purchase !
I bought them for the vx-r 3-9×40 ballistic firedot. Bought online from Optics Planet for $89.99 usd delivered.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Thanks guys, I appreciate the feedback. I feel better and yes, at least the quality is certainly there.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Price is crazy in Canada thats for sure
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

Opticsplanet had the best prices I could find when I bought mine, and you can often find online coupons for additional discounts. I think I ended up paying about $75 for mine. A pair of Butler creeks will run about $25. Still 3X the price but I felt it was worth it on $600 scopes.

One other thing I really like about the Aluminas...when you flip them open they stop at just past vertical--say about 2:00-- but you can push them on down where they lay nearly flat against the top of the scope. I like having them out of the way like that, less likely to catch or get bumped on something and you can look over the scope and they're not in the way.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
NFH

Post by NFH »

Kegbelly wrote:I've got them on my VX3 scopes, and I do like them a lot. I like the Butler Creeks too and still use them but I seem to break a lot of the objective covers. With the cover open it takes very little side pressure to break the hinge, I've broken them when it bumps against my backpack, catch a little limb or briar, etc. So I figured as many as I've had to replace I'd be ahead in the long run with the Aluminas. Plus they just look great on a Leupold.. :D BTW, they fit the Redfield Revolution scopes too, not sure about the other Redfields.
This and if you do manage to break them; let's say your bow rolls off the table onto the concrete floor landing directly on the covers, you can send them in and Leopold will replace them for free. Ya don't ask how I know. I lost count of how many Butler Creek covers I've broken while hunting but after trying a set of Aluminas I have them on all of my heavy use hunting rigs now. All around better cover and worth the premium IMO.
Micro 335 Nightmare
Vortex XBR
Trigger Tech 2 stage
Flemish strings
Doc Miller RBBBs
SSA Spynal Tapps
SlickTricks
Magnus Black Hornet Ser-Razor
Cat power

Post by Cat power »

Best flip ups I've ever had.