New Year New Goals

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

vixenmaster

New Year New Goals

Post by vixenmaster »

Seems like 2013 season fell short on my #'s of victims killed wid jus 5! So this season i will go wid 6 pts or better on Bucks but more Mature an older will be my goal. Plus i hope to have more time to hunt than this past yr. Lookin to take 5 Does n 3 Bucks. I have around a dz GTII's yet to use up. I have 4 swhackers to use n several other BH's to use up testin. Addin up all the BH's layin up on my shelf i need about a dz deer to volinteer :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Fullquiver

Re: New Year New Goals

Post by Fullquiver »

Good luck with the volunteers....
A society grows great when old men plant trees in whose shade they shall never sit.
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

My goals are simple.

Spend quality time with Family.

Train my Lab puppy to find sheds in the spring.

Upgrade to X bones scope(nearly impossible to get one in Canada)

Harvest a Turkey with my Equinox or Matrix.

Harvest 2 deer with my bow in Ontario.

Hunt more days in Michiigan!!

Pick up a bit more meat with the Muzzle Loader in November!!

Jeff
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
RexKay

Post by RexKay »

Ya!! Hunt more days in Michigan! !!! Cmon over Jeff!!
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

8 deer goal for next year. That's easily doable where I hunt but that sure is A LOT of venison. You must have a big family or you really,really like venison.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Big John

Post by Big John »

Them are some lofty goals for sure!!! :)
I hope you all achieve them.
Mine is the same, meet some more members here for another hunt or two.
I usually try to take three people per season somewhere, or my place to hunt together.
And I think getting a nice Tom turkey with the New 380 coming, would be really nice goal to get!!! :D

Big John
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

That's some lofty aspirations Vixenmaster, I hope you meet your goal and then some!
Heck my goal is to SEE 8 deer this year :lol: Been a terrible season.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

UPSMAN wrote:8 deer goal for next year. That's easily doable where I hunt but that sure is A LOT of venison. You must have a big family or you really,really like venison.
We shared wid needy ppl. We gave 2 away to them. We kept 3, but i knowed right now we shall run short. Its our meat supply fer this comin yr. We do buy chicken & pork. We hope to go to the lake this yr fer catfish to put into freezer
Half Bubble Off BD360

MI Yeti

Post by MI Yeti »

My goals for this year would be to start fishing again and to try and take a buck . I have been lucky enough to take a doe or two a year in the seven years I've been at it , but something to stick on the wall as well as in the freezer would be nice .
Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads
longbow

Post by longbow »

My goal is to buy a new 330 and fill the freezer.http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/phpBB2 ... =1&t=51791#
Aim Small-Miss Small
Matrix 330
Axiom SMF
Nikon Bolt
TT Hunter 2.5
Vixenmaster Strings
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

MI Yeti wrote:My goals for this year would be to start fishing again and to try and take a buck . I have been lucky enough to take a doe or two a year in the seven years I've been at it , but something to stick on the wall as well as in the freezer would be nice .
Nutten wrong wid puttin a nice rack on the wall. In my early days i had 4 mounted, but now the cost is too much fer me.
Half Bubble Off BD360

MI Yeti

Post by MI Yeti »

vixenmaster wrote:
MI Yeti wrote:My goals for this year would be to start fishing again and to try and take a buck . I have been lucky enough to take a doe or two a year in the seven years I've been at it , but something to stick on the wall as well as in the freezer would be nice .
Nutten wrong wid puttin a nice rack on the wall. In my early days i had 4 mounted, but now the cost is too much fer me.
A full head mount is to pricey for me too . It would be just a European style mount on a simple plague or maybe just antlers on a plague .
Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads
RexKay

Post by RexKay »

Yep. Euro style is cool. I done 7 of my own. And 4 for me friend. A lot cheaper than 400 bucks fer shoulder mount..I got my 9 pt mounted.My goals are for son to get 2nd youth hunt buck. Early doe..2 bucks...thanksgiving doe...Xmas doe...last day new year doe :D ....And I'm soon to FINALLY become a landowner!! Other than my home... I am buying a little piece of hunting land for my own!!my Dream!
Last edited by RexKay on Thu Jan 30, 2014 7:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

MI Yeti wrote:
vixenmaster wrote:
A full head mount is to pricey for me too . It would be just a European style mount on a simple plague or maybe just antlers on a plague .
That bow your gonna get from Vixenmaster is trained You can drop that thing off at the woods Go back in a couple hours and pick up your deer :shock: It wont even need your help :wink:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Told one forum member my goal this year was scopes. Now I have 3 of 4 scopes I set out for this year. Then I wanted some spare parts to replenish my supplies. Got 90 percent of them already. It was a very busy month of January with a ton for sale I wanted. Thanks to all on the forum that I had dealings with. Now I may have to buy a new Matrix this year. Likely a bare bone 405 since I bought a C2 crank I don't need for any crossbow I presently have. :lol: