Trail Cameras

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

jody5252

Trail Cameras

Post by jody5252 »

Greetings... I was wondering if anyone has ever tried the Leupold, RCX-1 or 2, trail camera? I am considering getting this one because, is has a viewer, that attaches to the camera. Sweet! The Sportsman guide has the kit for around $200. Includes everything except batteries and card reader... Any info. would be helpful. Thanks, J.
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
bobcattrapper

Re: Trail Cameras

Post by bobcattrapper »

Just bought me the Cabela's outffiter one.It has good reviews and has a viewer on it too.It ships free too! You might want to check them out too as another option.
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

I looked at those cameras on cabela's site and I did not see any that had a viewer, like the leupold.
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
bobcattrapper

Post by bobcattrapper »

Yea I see they don't mention it on the description.But I assure you it does.I have the 149.99 one.If you click on image of it lokk at the little screen in the one pic.Its the viewer.Aso some talk about it in the reviews.I also like that viewer so I can at least see em in the field without something extra to buy to be able to do that.I look at em at home on the puter but I get antsy and want to see whats on there quick lol :mrgreen:
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

My nieces husband has one and he loves it. I have bought several of the small Bushnell's and they're working great so far. The viewer on the Leupold worked great when he was checking his pictures and the picture quality was good as well.

I had a Wildgame Innovations start giving trouble right after it went out of warranty and when I called them they advised me that I would have to buy another one because they don't have a repair shop. Several of my friends have bought Moultrie cameras and have sent some back after a couple of years and Moultrie replaced their cameras for them. I guess I was hoping that Wildgame Innovations would have at least sold me one for half price or repaired the one that I paid $150.00 for. I learned a lesson with that purchase.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

Hester0305 wrote:My nieces husband has one and he loves it. I have bought several of the small Bushnell's and they're working great so far. The viewer on the Leupold worked great when he was checking his pictures and the picture quality was good as well.

I had a Wildgame Innovations start giving trouble right after it went out of warranty and when I called them they advised me that I would have to buy another one because they don't have a repair shop. Several of my friends have bought Moultrie cameras and have sent some back after a couple of years and Moultrie replaced their cameras for them. I guess I was hoping that Wildgame Innovations would have at least sold me one for half price or repaired the one that I paid $150.00 for. I learned a lesson with that purchase.
I was thinking about Bushnell's also. Which models do you have? Thanks, J.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I been lucky with the two Spypoints I have, price is good and they work great, and are super simple to operate, not to mention they are a Canadian company based right here in Quebec. I've had Moultrie and still have an old Bushy, but my Spypoints when tested against the other two brands always had more pics, plus battery life has been awesome.

If you want to ck out reviews, go to this non bias site, these guys do tons of review.

http://www.chasingame.com/index.php?id=1
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Boo

Post by Boo »

You can use your digital camera for viewing. The best cam for the money for me is the Tasco. The best cams for a bit more money for me are the Moultries. I have a few different models and all work great. I also have a Bushnell and a Covert (sucks) but I'm sticking to Moultrie if I ever have to buy another.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Check out this trail cam forum/review link , great info for trail cams . chasingame.com
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
bigredopie

Post by bigredopie »

I have a few of those wild game innovation cams and they were worth every bit of the $50 I spent on them. I wish I had grabbed more of them while they were on sale buti certainly would not have wanted to pay any more for them. I have tried moultries, Remington, bushnell, and a few others but I keep coming back to my Reconyx. The cost more to buy but the trigger time is faster than anything else on the market and the batteries last over a year. The are used for many wildlife studies or projects where you can't afford to have a camera fail. I have been using them for over 6 yrs and they look and work as good as new. These babes will catch clear pictures of animals others either miss altogether or just end up as a blur. If they can catch a clear picture of a car's license plate traveling at 50mph imagine what they can do on a deer trail.

Save up and try one of these out, I think you will be impressed with what they can do.
380 Matrix, Vortex, Y25, Exomag and Brown Vixen
Boo Strings & Big John Arrows to hit 'em
DaGriz Knife and Hatchet Set to Skin 'em
roly

Post by roly »

I bought a Moultrie D444 this year

It turned out to be a great trail cam, a sub 1 sec. trigger speed and the best battery life of all my cams

For a $125 it took good pics and the anti blurr
thingy worked well also on night pics.

I also bought the Wild Game one that the TSC store
had on sale for $50. turned out to be well worth the 50 bucks, it just didn't like it when it got real cold
TYE

Post by TYE »

I use Spypoint cameras. I just used a Micro Sd card in an sd card adapter and swap cards when I check the camera. Then I can view everything on my phone with the micro sd.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

I use my car GPS to view my pics if I cannot wait to get home.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Pa.hunter

Post by Pa.hunter »

Back in November I bought 2 Moultrie M880s on sale off Amazon for 109.00 each.They have been in the woods sense I got them and they have worked flawlessly. They work in the single digit nights and take excellent photos day and night. I will be purchasing some more shortly and they will be Moultries. I think Amazons price right now is like 128.00 which is still cheaper then you can get them anywhere else and free shipping.
Matrix 405 with Leupold VX-R FireDot duplex
Matrix 380 Xtra with Leupold VX-R FireDot duplex
Matrix 330 with Leupold Crossbones
TriggerTech Matrix hunter 2.5 in all 3
Black Eagles
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

I've thrown a few cams up against trees, rocks into swamps, rivers I'm not saying which but never a Moultrie. :)

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers