330 or 355 what to pick. Help?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

SniperWolf

330 or 355 what to pick. Help?

Post by SniperWolf »

Hey all:
So I sold my Exomax. It's true it's true. Now I'm on the market for a new Matrix bow. First of all I will tell you guys why I don't want the 380. It's very nice yes however I've been reading all your reviews and from what I can tell, there really is no difference in the effort required to cock as per say the Exomax. For that reason alone I've said no to the 380. The reason why I sold my max was because although yes I can cock it, I'm good for about ten pulls then my shoulders start to get sore then I reach for the wife's Ibex. I've tried my dads Vortex and that pretty much felt just right for me. I do a lot of target shooting so I want something that I can enjoy both in the stand and at the range.
I've ordered a 330 and I'm really excited but I'm wondering now about a 355? The only reason I don't want it is because I don't like the tac zone scope so I'm looking at the bow setup plus a scope. I took my shadow zone scope and kept it with intentions of putting it on the 330. Can I have some opinions as far as cocking a 355 comparing it to the Exomax. Thanks
Matrix 330 "Mercy"
Slick Tricks
Boo Custom String
ComfyBear

Re: 330 or 355 what to pick. Help?

Post by ComfyBear »

In my opinion, it comes down to which one will fit you better.

Personally, other than the Matrix model I've own most of all the other models. I'm not I big guy, kind of small actually at 5'6" and shrinking, :lol: , but I found the over all length of the older Vixens, Phoenix (both 14" draw-length) didn't fit me well. Even the Vortex and Equinox I found awkward, because of there LOP, which is 1" shorter than a traditional stock.

I currently own an Exomax, Exomag and Exocet 175. Of the three, I find the Exomag shoots the best for me.

If you haven't yet shot a Matrix, I suggest before buying, that you test-drive both the 330 and 355.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.

Post by newbie »

I find the 355 easier then the the vortex to cock. the 330 is a breeze.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
SniperWolf

Post by SniperWolf »

Ya come on people. There has to be someone on here that's tried that sweet 330. Or am I gonna be the first one to review. I really do like the looks of the 330 and the 330fps is really all you need. I also like the fact that I get to put on my own goodies and plus I already have the shadow zone scope ready to go.
Matrix 330 "Mercy"
Slick Tricks
Boo Custom String
SniperWolf

Post by SniperWolf »

And I love the idea of a 125 gr slick trick on the end of a diablo bolt. :D
Matrix 330 "Mercy"
Slick Tricks
Boo Custom String
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

SniperWolf , where are you getting your info? This is strait from website:

The Matrix 330 is available only as a package, which also features:
- A Vari-Zone scope, scope mount and 1-inch rings, and a rope-cocking aid.
- A four-arrow quiver with bracket, and four Diablo arrows with 150-grain field points.
SniperWolf

Post by SniperWolf »

I'm not sure what you are asking Wheelie.
Matrix 330 "Mercy"
Slick Tricks
Boo Custom String
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

SniperWolf wrote:Ya come on people. There has to be someone on here that's tried that sweet 330. Or am I gonna be the first one to review. I really do like the looks of the 330 and the 330fps is really all you need. also like the Ifact that I get to put on my own goodies and plus I already have the shadow zone scope ready to go.
I think uncle wheelie is talkin about second to the last sentence here :D
Last edited by JPjunkie on Fri Feb 07, 2014 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

SniperWolf wrote:I'm not sure what you are asking Wheelie.
I took it you said you could buy a bare bow. Maybe I read it wrong. :)
onegunguitar

Post by onegunguitar »

I just picked my 355 up today and cocking it is pretty easy,you can tell there's 240lbs. there but it isn't a problem. Anxious to get to shooting it but that probably won't happen til next week,won't be home most of the weekend :( It sure is a sweet xbow :D
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

Wyvern's has the 330 on their website as a bare bow. I'm glad to see them offering that option, not everyone wants, needs, or can afford a full package all at one time. For me it doesn't seem to sting as bad if I can build a rig little by little. :D
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
SniperWolf

Post by SniperWolf »

I will be buying the bow as the light stuff package. I'm going to swap out the Vari zone scope with my shadow zone scope. Gonna put the bumpers, cheek piece, sling, all that fun stuff. Ill get that new tombstone case too.
Matrix 330 "Mercy"
Slick Tricks
Boo Custom String
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

Kegbelly wrote:Wyvern's has the 330 on their website as a bare bow. I'm glad to see them offering that option, not everyone wants, needs, or can afford a full package all at one time. For me it doesn't seem to sting as bad if I can build a rig little by little. :D
I don't read it that way. I read it you buy the bare bow and package it the way you want it. You know anyone that walked away with a bare bow other than the 405 ? I find out you can believe me I will be complaining to Excalibur as to why The Bowshop does not have that option in Canada.

From the website:

CUSTOMIZE YOUR MATRIX BOW PACKAGE!!!!!!

WE ARE SELLING THE MATRIX BOWS AS "BARE BOW" KITS!!

CHOOSE YOUR BOW THEN BUILD YOUR CUSTOM BOW KIT FROM OUR LIST OF OPTIONS OR GIVE US A CALL AND WE CAN SET UP A KIT TO YOUR NEEDS!!!!!
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

wheelie wrote:
Kegbelly wrote:Wyvern's has the 330 on their website as a bare bow. I'm glad to see them offering that option, not everyone wants, needs, or can afford a full package all at one time. For me it doesn't seem to sting as bad if I can build a rig little by little. :D
I don't read it that way. I read it you buy the bare bow and package it the way you want it. You know anyone that walked away with a bare bow other than the 405 ? I find out you can believe me I will be complaining to Excalibur as to why The Bowshop does not have that option in Canada.

From the website:

CHOOSE YOUR BOW THEN BUILD YOUR CUSTOM BOW KIT FROM OUR LIST OF OPTIONS OR GIVE US A CALL AND WE CAN SET UP A KIT TO YOUR NEEDS!!!!!
Wheelie I just ordered a bare bow Matrix 330 from Dave at Wyverns last week for my wife, the only thing I added was the anti dry fire and the baby bumpers. His barebow price is $599.00. I had everything else already.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

wheelie wrote:

From the website:

I've talked to Wyvern's regarding the 405, but no i havent specifically inquired about the 330 as a bare bow but it's listed that way on the website. That's how I read it anyhow.
edit... oops just saw Hester305's post after I sent mine, sorry
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers