first and last fletching jig

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

diesel

Re: first and last fletching jig

Post by diesel »

Now this is a Gig!! I thought about buying one of these... Then, I thought what it would be like to have to live on ramen noodles, venison and water for 2 wks.! :shock: :? Whole lotta coin for one...[/quote]

You can buy the base jig $144.00 then all you need is a bitz. clamp he also sells some of his jigs at a reduced rate a few times a year.
Only have to use it one time and you will see how nice it is. Its not for everyone and yes his stuff has a high price tag. I took all the other jigs I had sold them on forums and ebay and bought this one. If you want the best this is the jig to buy. Not saying other jigs will not put vanes on your arrows.
You spent money and bought the best crossbow so why not buy the best fletching jig ?
Easy Money

Post by Easy Money »

Man im drooling over that jig with the laser saw it on YouTube and its definitely sweet but I've got some cabelas bucks burnin a hole in my pocket and they don't sell those :( blitzenburg might be on the way anything I should know about it before I buy? How does it adapt to flat nocks on xbow?
God bless America and the farmer that feeds your fat ass
matrix 380 extra
triggertech single stage
Rooster string by Dan
Boo string with wiskers
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

I have the AZ EZ and like it a lot. Only down side is the adhesive build-up . . .not sure if this is true for all jigs. I have had mine for 6 years . . .still as good as new.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Have used several brands . Blitz , grayling ( Blitz look alike in plastic ) and arizona ez bolt . If you plan on fletching arrows for a compound bow ( vertical ) as well as a crossbow I would use the Blitz if money is not a problem . A cheaper solution with similar outcome would be to buy the grayling jig .

For doing just crossbow arrows ( that will be done with Blazers or similar small vane ) the EZ bolts is hard to beat.
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

I only live a couple miles from you an have a few different jigs .if you would like to see how they work an the kind of job they do you would be more than welcome to come over an try them out.
diesel

Post by diesel »

The bitz. is a very nice jig. They make a fixture that makes it more accurate but cannot remember what they call it.
Best thing I ever did is go to Hobby lobby and get some of there glue tips . You put less glue on so it drys faster and no mess .

As far as the laser I bought one off ebay and made it my self. Sure you could do the same with the Bitz. Makes it nice when replacing 1 vane and when placing the spine between the hen vanes.
Will be putting a laser on my spine jig next.
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

What's everyone using on the blitz to index the flat nocks on crossbow arrows ?
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

I use the crossbow nock reciever made for the bitz or a vertical bow nock glued on a field tip.
Easy Money

Post by Easy Money »

Thanks for your generous offer masboy i would love to test out a few before I buy and thank you to everyone for your input
God bless America and the farmer that feeds your fat ass
matrix 380 extra
triggertech single stage
Rooster string by Dan
Boo string with wiskers
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

sumner4991 wrote:I have the AZ EZ and like it a lot. Only down side is the adhesive build-up . . .not sure if this is true for all jigs. I have had mine for 6 years . . .still as good as new.
Just hit it with some acetone and it will clean right up.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone