low draw weight

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

grok

low draw weight

Post by grok »

I'm looking for a crossbow, My ideal would have draw weight x draw length of 450 inch x pounds. This is for a live action roleplay game. At that much force and with the armor people wear/the padding on the bolt this is safe. My problem is I can't find anything with that low of power that isn't designed for children, and wildly inaccurate.

I'm extremely new to researching crossbows, and after a day of no luck finding what i'm looking for I felt some people here may know a better solution.
georgiaboy

Re: low draw weight

Post by georgiaboy »

The lowest poundage bow of the excal line i think is the Apex @ 90lbs. Just click on it to the left for info.
Don't think i would advise shooting it a people...no matter what their wearing. :shock:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
Mr. Cellophane

Post by Mr. Cellophane »

Phone Danny Miller, Horizontal Archery 740-483-2312. Excalibur made two low poundage crossbows the lowest one is called a "Pixel". These bows are getting hard to find since the Matrix line came out. There are photos and info on the Apex and Pixel to the left margine of this page. The Pixel shoots 40lbs. bear in
mind in the state of Pennsylvania the required poundage for deer and bear is a 35 Lb. Longbow or recurve. Even the pixel is dangerous.
Xbowkiller

Post by Xbowkiller »

Sounds like a fun game. Unless you are the one going home with the big welts or a blunt stuck in your forehead.
MCA

Post by MCA »

check out this site, they have low poundage bows for reanactment.

they look cool too

http://www.larpcanada.com/en/28-crossbows