Turk scope /matrix

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

strum

Turk scope /matrix

Post by strum »

I spent a little time shooting this eve.
I put my turk scope on the matrix and gave it a spin.
This is not really a red dot review but I will say for hunting situations I think the red dot is hard to beat. In fading light (like it was here at home)shooting small pieces of tape at 30 yrds it was all I could do.
(needed some magnification)
My total arrow weight is 444 :Lazer 2 ,blazers,150gr FT:
didn't break out the chrono so that's still to be done.
those arrows are smacking that target ha-ard. I think its plenty of knock down power :shock:
I got to say im loving this bow more every time I shoot it. Its just solid in every way.
One thing I would like to talk about is the rope cocker scratching issue.
some of you may remember last year they was a guy who threw a fit about scratching from his cocker. Most of us said ..no way.
well maybe he wasn't wrong after all..mine has some of those same scratches just as he described along the rail..it doesn't bother me in the least but I can see that they line up exactly with the plastic on the rope hooks.
no matter if I turn em up or down. anyone else seeing this?
Im not complaining . Im just wondering .
I never had a camo rail before and so I think it may be very common .
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
strum

Re: Turk scope /matrix

Post by strum »

I forgot..here is the matrix turk scope pic :D

[URL=http://s790.photobucket.com/user/strum1 ... 1.jpg.html]Image
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

What did you think about the Tact-Zone Scope ? and I think anywhere camo is and something is against it it will rub off sooner or later like where the rope cocker rope rubs in the grove.
I have a 4 dot from Excalibur on a vixen I like a lot ...its easy and faster to get on target for me but like any lighted scope you have to remember to turn on and off ....ask me how I know :wink:
strum

Post by strum »

onebigskittle wrote:What did you think about the Tact-Zone Scope ? and I think anywhere camo is and something is against it it will rub off sooner or later like where the rope cocker rope rubs in the grove.
I have a 4 dot from Excalibur on a vixen I like a lot ...its easy and faster to get on target for me but like any lighted scope you have to remember to turn on and off ....ask me how I know :wink:
yep I agree about the camo rub it blends in so well you cant see it unless you really look.
I forgot to say that I paid very close attention to the trigger today .
it feels very smooth to me. no gritty feel and the creep is very slight. I like it.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

How did you like the Tact-Zone scope, what made you switch?

Andrew
2013 Excalibur Matrix 355 Xtra

2007 Leupold VX-I 2-7x33 Dark Earth NWTF Edition Turkey Plex scope

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
strum

Post by strum »

yooper_man wrote:How did you like the Tact-Zone scope, what made you switch?

Andrew
I pulled the scope off my turk gun for now just to be able to shoot the matrix .
not sure what im going to put on yet..i like the Nikon and the leupold and the Burris to name a few.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

strum wrote:

Andrew
I pulled the scope off my turk gun for now just to be able to shoot the matrix .
not sure what im going to put on yet..i like the Nikon and the leupold and the Burris to name a few.
You like to fiddle with things don't you?...I do to ..I switch scopes out to try different options also
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

strum wrote:

Andrew
Oh OK, but didn't it come with a Tact-Zone scope, if so I was just curious why you changed it?

Andrew

Dan xcaliber flemish Brownell XS2 string, 18" Easton XX75 2219 aluminum shafts, 2" Bohning Blazer vanes, NAP 170gr F.O.C., Danny Miller's RBBB's
tommybobusa

Post by tommybobusa »

strum wrote:I spent a little time shooting this eve.
I put my turk scope on the matrix and gave it a spin.
This is not really a red dot review but I will say for hunting situations I think the red dot is hard to beat. In fading light (like it was here at home)shooting small pieces of tape at 30 yrds it was all I could do.
(needed some magnification)
My total arrow weight is 444 :Lazer 2 ,blazers,150gr FT:
didn't break out the chrono so that's still to be done.
those arrows are smacking that target ha-ard. I think its plenty of knock down power :shock:
I got to say im loving this bow more every time I shoot it. Its just solid in every way.
One thing I would like to talk about is the rope cocker scratching issue.
some of you may remember last year they was a guy who threw a fit about scratching from his cocker. Most of us said ..no way.
well maybe he wasn't wrong after all..mine has some of those same scratches just as he described along the rail..it doesn't bother me in the least but I can see that they line up exactly with the plastic on the rope hooks.
no matter if I turn em up or down. anyone else seeing this?
Im not complaining . Im just wondering .
I never had a camo rail before and so I think it may be very common .
Parker red hot cocking aid has rollers on its sides no scratches with that cocker
strum

Post by strum »

yooper_man wrote:
strum wrote:

Andrew
Oh OK, but didn't it come with a Tact-Zone scope, if so I was just curious why you changed it?

Andrew
Andrew.. yes it came with the Tact- Zone
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
yooper_man

Post by yooper_man »

strum wrote:
yooper_man wrote:

Andrew
Andrew.. yes it came with the Tact- Zone
Understood, I am sure you will find a higher quality scope that will suit your needs.

Andrew