Another TactZone question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Kegbelly

Another TactZone question

Post by Kegbelly »

Actually, a few questions.. :oops:
What is the scope rated at? Like 2-6x, 2-7x, ?
Here's the deal... I wear glasses, I got a good dose of astigmatism, and had to get the dreaded bifocals a couple months ago. So in order to get a clear reticle and sight picture I have to adjust the diopter on every scope I have. But on the tact zone I had to run it way out, enough so that the whole scope cover pops off when you try to open it.
Which leads to my next question... Does that change the magnification level of the scope on the whole? Reason I ask is when I turn the speed dial all the way down till it stops, to my eye looks real close to a 1x power, just slightly more magnification than looking at an object with the naked eye. This is actually a good thing for me, I much prefer to shoot a crossbow with both eyes open, helps me track the arrow and helps greatly with gauging distances.
And the other part of that question, the lowest setting on my speed dial is 275, but my scope turns way past that. Is it supposed to do that? Just wondering...
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
Fred T

Re: Another TactZone question

Post by Fred T »

Magnification is 2.5-6x.When I don't have my contacts in I find I need the focus ring turned all the way in.With contacts in I have to back it out several turns.
I don't see any change in field of view so no change in magnification with either setting.
My speed ring will also turn well past the 275 mark.
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
Mr. Cellophane

Post by Mr. Cellophane »

Hello Kegbelly,

The main problem I had with the Tact-Zone on my 380 was the eye relief once I got the eye relief set I had no more problems. I have a Leupold Vendetta range finder mouted on the left side of the scope via the scope rail attachment from Ebay I am 68 yrs. young and I use reading glasses, but I don't use them when shooting weapons mounted with scopes.If I am shooting open sights on pistols or rifles I have to put my reading glasses on for a clear sight picture.

My speed ring also turns past 275. They all do. I have another one of these scopes mounted on my Exomag 200 straight riser.
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

Thanks for the info. I'ts not like I wear coke bottles :shock: but I thought it was kind of odd that scope dials down to almost 1x, it's nowhere near 2.5x. But for my shooting preference it actually works in my favor. I seem to be the odd man out but I don't want or see a need for a a whole bunch of magnification to shoot 40, maybe 45 yards tops. Target shooting is one thing, but when I'm hunting, the less variables I have to contend with the better off I am.
Eye relief isn't the greatest on mine either, I had to mount it farther back than what I'd like but I can deal with that. I'm gonna give it a fair shot.

Dan I've looked at the Redfield, it's a nice scope. I've got Redfields on rifles and a pair of their binos, no complaints at all. If they made the same size Revenge in say a 1x4 I'd be awful tempted.

Mr Cellophane, my other bow is also a 200# Exomag, man it's a sweet shooter, I'll never part with it. :D
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers