Fetching jigs

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Razor cut

Fetching jigs

Post by Razor cut »

Need help on which is the best Fletching jig to fletch Black Eagle Executioner arrows Flat Nocks, one that is easy to use and right helical. Some jigs do not except flat nocks, what's everyone out their using?
Matrix 355
Trigger Tech two stage trigger
ADF scope mount
Hawke XB30 1.5-5x30mm SR compact scope
BEE's 18" arrows
Cheek piece
Matrix suppression system
Broadheads 125gr. Slick Tricks
Xcaliber custom strings
Deaf jeff

Re: Fetching jigs

Post by Deaf jeff »

Razor cut wrote:Need help on which is the best Fletching jig to fletch Black Eagle Executioner arrows Flat Nocks, one that is easy to use and right helical. Some jigs do not except flat nocks, what's everyone out their using?
I just started fletching and use the Arizona ez fletch. very easy to use but every once in a while I get one of the vanes is about 116" or a tad more lower then the other two. cannot figure what the deal is
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
Normous

Post by Normous »

Deaf jeff wrote:
I just started fletching and use the Arizona ez fletch. very easy to use but every once in a while I get one of the vanes is about 116" or a tad more lower then the other two. cannot figure what the deal is
Jeff, I use a toothpick and make sure each vane is seated to the bottom before slowely closing my Bolt E Z Fletch.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Arizona bolt jig with micro tips for glue bottle , BEE ,glue and tips from south shore archery . There is a small learning curve involved with the bolt jig in my opinion , I fletch 1vane at time to get more consistent reresults .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

I use a Bitzenberger ,,,my bolts all have flat nocks,,,I believe it was Ten Point that offered a small orange nock,,the kind that you would use on a vertical bow,,,,I rounded the edges on it a screwed it in to the back of the flat nock for a nice tight fit,,,it gives me perfect fletch alignment on my bolts,,,,one could easily fab one of these adaptors with a regular arrow nock,,it works perfect every time,,,can post photos if that helps
Cub *TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Cub-Pow)
308 Short Banshee* TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Shorty)
Magnus Buzz Cuts * Mad Hornets
Gold Tip Laser II's 16.5 386grn
BE Executioners 16.5 405grn
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string

Post by newbie »

enormous wrote:
Deaf jeff wrote:
Jeff, I use a toothpick and make sure each vane is seated to the bottom before slowely closing my Bolt E Z Fletch.
x2 or give a little tug on the vane that hangs out the back side. key is slowly closing and not too much pressure.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
strum

Post by strum »

I have used the Jojan for many years and always loved it ..until last night..
The BEEs would not fit all the way down into the knock reviver.
luckily I was using the flat plastic knocks and they are deep enough to provide a good seat.
next thing I dealt with was the Blazer vanes had a very acute curve on the bottom and unless I pressed down they didn't fit the shaft well..
I think something with a little more weight would fix that or the magnets on the Bitzburger may hold more down pressure..
I never liked the EZ fletch type but that's just me.
im leaning toward a Bitz for my next jig..
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

JUSTANUFF wrote:I use a Bitzenberger ,,,my bolts all have flat nocks,,,I believe it was Ten Point that offered a small orange nock,,the kind that you would use on a vertical bow,,,,I rounded the edges on it a screwed it in to the back of the flat nock for a nice tight fit,,,it gives me perfect fletch alignment on my bolts,,,,one could easily fab one of these adaptors with a regular arrow nock,,it works perfect every time,,,can post photos if that helps
I would like to see that... Bitz now makes a nock receiver, for there jig. I bought one and went to change receiver and twisted the head off the screw. :oops: I tried the rubber nocks that fit over the shaft, but seems like there was to much movement when setting clamp...
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

xcaliber wrote:Bohning Tower, make sure it fits bolts! That's my number one, EZ fletch Bolt is my number two!
I really like this jig. However, I have to clean it with acetone every two arrows, even with the tape on... If not I always end up pulling at least one vane off, when opening it...
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
diesel

Post by diesel »

jody5252 wrote:
xcaliber wrote:Bohning Tower, make sure it fits bolts! That's my number one, EZ fletch Bolt is my number two!
I really like this jig. However, I have to clean it with acetone every two arrows, even with the tape on... If not I always end up pulling at least one vane off, when opening it...
jody5252
Go to a hobby store and buy some glue tips cut them so the fit the glue bottle tip. You will use a lot less glue and will have a much cleaner glue job.
Better yet buy your glue and glue tips from Jerry at South Shore Archery
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Jerrys glue and tips are great ! no mess and puts your glue EXACTLY where it needs to be ! and nowhere else !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]