Removing Matrix Stock

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Bird

Removing Matrix Stock

Post by Bird »

Is there a secret to removing the stock form the rail ? I have noticed some movement in the entire scope/trigger assembly if you rock the scope up and down. The entire unit moves within the stock. I tightened the two screws underneath, one by the trigger and the other on the forearm. This did not help, so removed them but the stock seemed to be attached some other way. Is this movement normal ?
NEPAbowhunter

Re: Removing Matrix Stock

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

That certainly does not seem right. Something is definitely loose that should not be. :?
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
tommybobusa

Post by tommybobusa »

I wouldn't try that fix Myself , I would Contact Excalibur and go from There.
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Bird wrote:Is there a secret to removing the stock form the rail ? I have noticed some movement in the entire scope/trigger assembly if you rock the scope up and down. The entire unit moves within the stock. I tightened the two screws underneath, one by the trigger and the other on the forearm. This did not help, so removed them but the stock seemed to be attached some other way. Is this movement normal ?
The reason the scope/trigger assembly moves is because the two screws that hold it in place are loose. I'm surprised that they are, since I never had that happen to any of my Excaliburs. I suppose anything is possible.

Anyway, to get at them you have to remove the stock. To do so remove the two screws that hold it in place. The stock can then be removed, but since it's a tight fit, you'll have to tap it with the palm of your hand. A tap or two should loosen it enough that you can then separate it from the rail. Don't be to aggressive when tapping, and pull slowly when separating the stock from the rail.

Once the stock is removed you'll notice that there's two screws, both on the underside of the rail. One of the screws attaches to the surface of the rail,while the other is a bit deeper. You'll notice a hole drilled in the rail, in that hole you'll see the screw. It's these screws that hold the trigger unit in place. All you need to do is tighten them. Then you can replace the stock and fasten it with the two screws you removed earlier.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Bird

Post by Bird »

Thanks, I will give that a try and see if I just didn't put enough pressure on the stock the first time I removed those screws. Yesterday when I was shooting, I noticed my groups starting to spread and most of the arrows were starting to hit high. Hope this solves the problem ?
Bird

Post by Bird »

Thanks ComfyBear ,
I just removed the stock per your instructions and found both screws finger loose. Tightened them up, no more movement in the assembly. Will shoot later today and I expect my sub 1" groups to return @ 40 yds. I believe except for inside the trigger assembly, every screw on my 405 has rattled loose at least once. Maybe Excal should use some form of Loctite when they put these things together. Just Saying !
strum

Post by strum »

Bird wrote:Thanks ComfyBear ,
I just removed the stock per your instructions and found both screws finger loose. Tightened them up, no more movement in the assembly. Will shoot later today and I expect my sub 1" groups to return @ 40 yds. I believe except for inside the trigger assembly, every screw on my 405 has rattled loose at least once. Maybe Excal should use some form of Loctite when they put these things together. Just Saying !
Bird just keep a check on those screws you tightened if they come loose again use (sparingly) a little blue loc-tit
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
bowman81

Post by bowman81 »

It must really be cold this winter if they are turning blue down in Ga. Perhaps a sweater will help? :lol:
Sorry I just couldn't resist.