swhackers?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Pinesap

swhackers?

Post by Pinesap »

I see a lot of People seem to like these. I bought them along time ago used them with compound bow. I tied the blades so i could shoot-practic with them and they shoot nice. problem was I wanted to see what they would do if i shot into a bag target with just the shrink wrap band and they bounced of the bag target and landed half way from me and the bag. I never used them again. mechanical broad heads take a lot of energy to open but they fly nice.
LongCarbine

Re: swhackers?

Post by LongCarbine »

On the Swhacker web sight they say how much K.e is needed . For me the 3 deer that I shot with them were clean pass through's .
Matrix 355
Axiom (Alum.Rail)
Matrix B.D 330
Significent

Post by Significent »

I shot a deer last weekend at 55 yards with a crossbow Shwacker: Double-lung pass through with gaping holes on both sides.

If you're going to use Swhackers with your crossbow, consider using the 1.75" crossbow version. Using the vertical bow version of the broadhead could damage your bolts/arrows. They do require adequate kinetic energy like any mechanical.
Matrix 380 Camo (Sheila)
Leupold VX-1 2-7x33mm Shotgun
18" Black Eagle Executioners
Swhacker Crossbow 100gr (see avatar)
GTFG Lumenoks
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I used 2 of them this past season. Shot 2 Doe's one in the neck no pass-through 21 yds. The other Doe was 33 yds pass-through ribcage but arrow came out along the blood trail. She went maybe 30 yds. Jury is still out on these Chinese made BH's. It takes good KE fer these BH's, neither my Vixen nor the E'cet 175 had enuff to me!
Last edited by vixenmaster on Sat Mar 01, 2014 9:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
jparchery

Post by jparchery »

Last year was the first time I used the Swhacker broadhead , 125 grain. I shot a doe at 18 yards from my ground blind and I have never seen so much blood come out of a lung shot like this. Both blades deployed and it was a pass through shot with an excalibur vortex, the doe ran 30 yards and collapsed. I now own a matrix 355 and will continue to shoot the Swhacker broadheads as long as they give me results like they did on that doe
Pinesap

Post by Pinesap »

If I'm hunting from treestand and shoot a deer i want a passthrough . It can be very hard to track or find a deer when you hit it high when in a tree stand and there is no exit hole. I used different mechanicals but never had one bounce off a bag target. That was with a mathews outback @70 lbs that should of been plenty to drive it in. mechanicals are great but not always 100% reliable to open all blades and you loss KE. Sometimes the entrance hole can be small and if you don't get a passthrough?
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

You need a model that can deliver at least 75lbs of KE at the range you make yer shot. Neither model Excal i used had enuff, if'en i had used 425gr+ arrows it would have been much better. I used a 400gr arrow out of the both my Excals. If'en yer usin 200lb model wid at least a 400gr arrow it should work fer you!
Half Bubble Off BD360

RexKay

Post by RexKay »

Mike were those 1 3/4 or 1 1/5 width?? I got a pack of 1 1/2 yet to try.
I like things with strings.....
4 Guitars
8 Excals
1 Scorpyd
PSE Tac Elite
13 Grayling Bears
And 2 Hoyts
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

I shot this buck with a 2 blade 100gr swhacker at 15yds using a Titan crossbow getting 296fps.Deer went 50yds.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

I have used the 100gr out of the 355 and Kathy used the 125gr out of the vixen 11 and all pass throughs and all deer recovered! But thinking of changeing to Naps and still up in the air as to which ones! Will have to decide soon as turkey season starts here the 25 of April!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
Roadrunnr72

Post by Roadrunnr72 »

Shot 2 does with my Phoenix using Swhackers. First was a small one from a blind. Complete pass through. Deer went maybe 30yrds. The second took 2 shots. The first shot the deer was quartering away and the shot was a little farther back than I would have liked, but it did drop in her tracks. The deer managed to turn around before I could get the second shot. First one twisted the blades, the second shot bent the main body. I'm thinking of switching to a fixed blade for next season, but not 100% sure......RR
Phoenix
Matrix 380

I'm a member of PETA
People
Eating
Tasty
Animals
mbc4

Post by mbc4 »

read my signature everyone has thier favorite broadhead; i have used mechs. off and on but a fixed blade retaines much more energy. ground shot 10yrds on a doe last year dam near facing me arrowed in the heavy part of the shoulder out the arse bone and all, arrow buried to the hilt 15yrds beyond; changed the blades and used the same arrow to kill a decent buck! :D
better an overkill than an underkill
vortex,vixenmaster string
2219s, abc steel sonics
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
cspot

Post by cspot »

We used them this year with no complaints. We used the 1.75". Very happy with the penetration and performance. We harvested a total of 8 deer.
Excalibur Matrix 330, Micro 335
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

RexKay wrote:Mike were those 1 3/4 or 1 1/5 width?? I got a pack of 1 1/2 yet to try.
They were 2" cut 100gr
Half Bubble Off BD360