NEW FORUM NEEDED?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

greybuff

NEW FORUM NEEDED?

Post by greybuff »

It's looking more and more like the old models are are being left behind on the Crossbow Hunting forum. 90% of topics seem to be about Matrixs. Maybe it's time for a new category? Someting along the line of "OLD EXCALS RULE" ..... just thinking.
MICRO 335 CAMO
Nikon Bolt
2Stage TT
FOR THE LITTLE LADY:
VIXEN from an EXOCET (VIXOCET)
Varizone
BOO STRING
Homemade Bumpers
vixenmaster

Re: NEW FORUM NEEDED?

Post by vixenmaster »

I can understand that myself. I had 5 of the older ones. Jus sold 2 of them & have 3 left. 2 Vixens & one E'cet 165
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Waif

Post by Waif »

We are all in the same boat. Just excitement of new models. Troubles me not that the new Matrix x-bows draw oohs and ahhs. A new model may come out down the road and away we,ll go again. I don,t mind a boring thread about non Matrix but would need a free hat or something to turn my back on the new bow owners. l.o.l..Did peek at some new stuff on a pilgrimage to big city but left quite satisfied in whats at home.I really only want to kill deer ,and shoot targets under a thousand yards. :lol:
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
Oppie

Post by Oppie »

Yep, us guy's with the 200 pounder's are like the red headed step children, still around but kept outta sight :lol: :lol: :lol:
Just Makin Wine on the Hill!
Exocet 200 wth Leupold Crossbones, Munch mount
xcaliber FFF strings
VM FFF Strings
Black Eagles Executioners Wth Blazers
Slick Trick 100
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I feel your pain. I'm in no hurry to give up my ol' Vixen. The forum has become foreign in many ways. :?
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Oppie

Post by Oppie »

VixChix wrote:I feel your pain. I'm in no hurry to give up my ol' Vixen. The forum has become foreign in many ways. :?
Yep, some way's not so cool :(

I can foresee a Vixen or older model in my future, older I get, the less I want....
xcaliber FFF strings
VM FFF Strings
Slick Trick 100
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

Once upon a time the 'old bows' were the newest thing and all the rage, and that's what the topics were about. Now it's a lot of talk about Matrix bows because they're the newest thing. But a lot of folks have held on to their old bows even though they have Matrix bows too, so I think there will still be lots of posts about the long limb bows too. I don't think a separate forum is needed, it all still falls under the crossbow hunting umbrella IMO.
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
Waif

Post by Waif »

Hmm ,red headed step child.
We could call older model bows R.H.S.C.,s l.o.l..
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

I feel the old and new are basically the same , If anything needs to change I think we need some serious moderators to watch over the forum . Just my Opinion !
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
The Chief

Post by The Chief »

My Phoenix (which I sold to get my 380) and my Ibex (which I still have) have taken many deer for me and I will keep my Ibex as a back up but the wind of change is coming and I feel that the older style of bows are on their way out as the Matrix series are covering all weight classes. I really love my old style and they worked for me for years but so goes progress, which is always bitter sweet.
JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

Not a bad idea,,worthy of consideration,,but if it would take alot of extra administrative/moderators,,then probably best to leave it the way it is,,,I like being part of the Vintage crowd at this point :wink: At the same time I like reading and learning about the New Matrix breed which I am reasonbly sure to add one to my arsenal in the future
Cub *TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Cub-Pow)
308 Short Banshee* TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Shorty)
Magnus Buzz Cuts * Mad Hornets
Gold Tip Laser II's 16.5 386grn
BE Executioners 16.5 405grn
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string
Oppie

Post by Oppie »

JUSTANUFF wrote:Not a bad idea,,worthy of consideration,,but if it would take alot of extra administrative/moderators,,then probably best to leave it the way it is,,,I like being part of the Vintage crowd at this point :wink: At the same time I like reading and learning about the New Matrix breed which I am reasonbly sure to add one to my arsenal in the future
With technology today, my kids could moderate forums with their smart phones, not that big a deal, I'm out!
xcaliber FFF strings
VM FFF Strings
Slick Trick 100
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Many people have and still shoot both models. There are more similarities than differences between the two so I don't get the idea of a separate forum. I love both styles and reading about them both intrigues me. The older models are not going away anytime soon, they'll outlive most of us! So as long as they're around, people will still love talking about them.

Don't you think people that owned the original Relayers felt the same way? Progress is bittersweet because we are so nostalgic and fond of our older, reliable killers!
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

I think the questions asked decides how the forum goes! If you have someone looking to solve a problem with a long limbed bow then the forum follows that thread! Some moderators on the forum would be # 1 on my list of upgrades,and as far as another forum i say no!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
strum

Post by strum »

racking up points wrote: The older models are not going away anytime soon, they'll outlive most of us! So as long as they're around, people will still love talking about them.
I agree.. the long limbers are still great bows..
my first bow was a Exomax..I picked it up used ..
then later I picked up a Pheonix(used)
money got tight so I sold them knowing that by the time hunting season rolled around I could pick up another.. and I did..with some help from a forum member and parts I had collected I pieced together a sweet Exocet.
same thing ..money got tight and I needed to sell with the same thinking ..pick one up around july or august and ill be fine..well I was surprised and blessed by a forum member and now own a matrix that I will not be selling..
But are the long limbers out for me ?...no way!! I know erveryone has a favorite but but my exocet was by far the most accurate and fitting for me so if I run across one (not looking) and the money is there.. well, ill be loading it in the truck.
not sure why I said all that accept maybe to say ..this is an Excalibur crossbow forum and all of em are Excaliburs so lets keep talking Excaliburs :D
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16