Hawke XB30 Scope XB30 SR Reticle

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ComfyBear

Hawke XB30 Scope XB30 SR Reticle

Post by ComfyBear »

Just wondering what a used Hawke XB30 Scope XB30 SR Reticle is selling for these days.

How would you rate it, and compare it to other brands of crossbow scopes.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Onetimeonly x-->

Re: Hawke XB30 Scope XB30 SR Reticle

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Comfy, can't answer on value, although I do use the XB30 and like it. Haven't missed a target or any game that I have shot at! Many choices as you know! Can only speak on my experience with the scope. Four years and no problems, SR reticle is nice small on target. May not be good if glasses are a must! JMO.
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Scott, that's good to hear.
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Just saw one go for $150 on eBay...used. Not much of a bargain.

I have one and I really like it. I have a Leupold VX-2 on a muzzleloader and I'd put the hawke equal to it in low light. A crossbones is a VX-1 and not illuminated. It's a shotgun scope with a crossbow ballistic reticle. 2x -7x on a faster bow, like a 380, would have you using a pretty high magnification. I don't like that.

I like that the Hawke has a magnification range suited for crossbows, 1.5x - 4x. Never had a problem with mine.

I'm debating what to buy for a 330. It's between the XB30 pro and the crossbones. The Nikon bolt, if it came in variable power, would be an option for me too.

The Hawkes are made in China...and Danny Miller told me nothing good comes out of China. I'm guessing he might know a thing or two. As you can see, I'm having a hard time making up my mind.

This is the reticle I have. The crosses illuminate, and it's not overpowering; you can still see your target clearly when it's on.

[URL=http://s999.photobucket.com/user/derric ... u.jpg.html]Image
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Just saw one go for $150 on eBay...used. Not much of a bargain.
Well apparently new on the Hawke website the MSRP is $279, and on Amazon they go for $225, and the cheapest I've seen them go for about $200
ComfyBear
ComfyBear Strings

racking up points

Post by racking up points »

One thing to add. The scope mount that comes with that model is huge! It weighs a lot and makes the scope sit higher than my preference. I ditched it for lighter rings.

Call wyvern creations for a price. I think he's close to $200 brand spankin new.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Boo

Post by Boo »

I had one and found it frustrating to use in low light because of how thin the crosshairs are. When I turned on the light I didn't like the amount of illumination. I'd really like a couple of one minute of angle dots. On the other hand the 405 shoots so flat that you only need one reference point or dot like the VXR gives.
The XB30 is a decent scope to be sure. It is clear with some aberration on the edges and pretty good light management as well.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Onetimeonly x-->

Post by Onetimeonly x--> »

Boo wrote:I had one and found it frustrating to use in low light because of how thin the crosshairs are. When I turned on the light I didn't like the amount of illumination. I'd really like a couple of one minute of angle dots. On the other hand the 405 shoots so flat that you only need one reference point or dot like the VXR gives.
The XB30 is a decent scope to be sure. It is clear with some aberration on the edges and pretty good light management as well.
Don, for me the lowest setting in the green was perfect. Agree on the red if that's what you are referring to? Can't recall where I had read it? Green is good at dusk and dawn. Red was good when the backdrop is dark such as shooting into a swamp with a dark canopy in daylight? Good take though!
Last edited by Onetimeonly x--> on Thu Mar 13, 2014 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
'13 Matrix 380/Hawke XB30 Pro Scope
'13 Matrix 355/Hawke XB30 Scope
Boo Triggers & Custom Strings
Wabi Custom Calls
AND A WHOLE LOT OF FRESH AIR!!
Godspeed!!
Scott
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

One just sold on Archerytalk for 150.00. They pop up every so often. Great scope but a tad heavy.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I use the XB 30 best crossbow scope I have used to date . Like the others I ditch the factory mount for standard 30 mm rings . I prefer the finer recticle than Excalibur offering .
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

hi fellas i tried excalibur scopes on my m380 wasted some coin doing it in the end
leupold crossbones with alimunilite lenses caps.i dont shoot at night and the leupold gathers plenty of light. i guess you get what you pay for with leupold made in U.S.A.