New Toy Matrix 330

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

racking up points

New Toy Matrix 330

Post by racking up points »

I finally got to put the new addition through the paces today. Here's a rundown.

The camo finish, Mossy Oak Breakup Infinity, is great. I like the look better than the treatment the M380 Xtra got.

Using a Vixenmaster Flemish string and Danny Miller's stoppers, the bow has much more subdued 'thunk' compared to my other excals.

I got lucky and this bow has an excellent trigger, must have been madd early in the AM. :D Very little take-up, it's at the wall, almost like a single stage.

It came bare naked from Wyvern Creations so I had to make due with the Leupold SABR Ultimate Slam that normally sits atop my TC. I wasn't optimistic. Before anyone says it, from the side view, yes it looks like a fat-bottomed girl riding a ten speed. But look through the scope and its like, "Get on your bikes and ride!" I believe the scope has VXII glass and it is very bright and clear. It needs longer eye relief than I'm used to on a crossbow so I mounted the scope a bit more forward. When I shoulder the bow, the reticle is sharp.

Shooting it today, this scope is actually very crossbow friendly. I do a lot of 3D shooting so a ballistic reticle is a MUST for me. Single crosshairs won't cut it and I don't want to hunt with an HHA. The SABR reticle at 3X and using a 400gr arrow, gives me precisely 20 and 30 yards. There are two other ballistic aim points and they look usable for 40y and 50y...haven't tried yet though. Here's the reticle:

This bow is a target shooter's dream. Easy to cock and arrow removal from targets is a cinch. I originally bought the bow for my disapproving wife who is in love with her trusty old Vixen, and I don't blame her, it's a sweet shooter for sure. She picked it up, smiled, and shot it once. "It's OK, I guess." And handed it back to me. She's FOS, I'd be shocked if she chose to use her beloved Vixen over the 330 to hunt with this fall. If she doesn't, I sure as hell will.
Last edited by racking up points on Sun Mar 16, 2014 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Limbs and Sticks

Re: New Toy Matrix 330

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Congrats man, sometimes that first bow is hard to leave home :)
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Congrats on yer 330, looks spiffy :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
racking up points

Thanks, guys. One thing I forgot to mention, the new quiver is 3" shorter and much lighter. Not sure if this particular model is on all new Matrix bows, but it is an improvement over the one on my 380.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Sweet looking! congrats!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
William Biggs

Post by William Biggs »

GCongrats on that purrdy bow. Thanks for the quiver update. I think I might have to look into one.
#teamMatrix
Nikon Bolt w/ AR rings
Danny Miller stops
William Biggs

Post by William Biggs »

Could you post a pic of the new quiver compared to your M380'? I'm sure I'm not the only one wanting to see the difference.
#teamMatrix
Nikon Bolt w/ AR rings
Danny Miller stops
racking up points

Haven't weighed them yet.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

We love ours also or I should say my wife's but I seem to be shooting it a lot more than her and hers will shoot above the advertised 330 fps with the stock string. I haven't chronoed it yet with a flemish string. You'll love we sure do.
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
pinshooter

Post by pinshooter »

They will sell a ton of these this year! Easy to cock, short and light
John 3:16
Camo Matrix 380