JPjunkie

Re: Mission Crossbow

Post by JPjunkie »

Arent they made by Matthews :?:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
racking up points

Post by racking up points »

Yep, made by Mathew's. Not sure I like the stirrup device...you'd have to stand in it with both feet on either side of the mainframe, never shot one though. Shooter's weight pushing down on the front of the riser, which has two large rubber pads. They are fugly...but if I didn't have excalaffliction I'd be intrigued enough to buy one.
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
Adelmo

Post by Adelmo »

I have the Mission 320 and love it. Quiet,compact, and easy to cock. Adjustable weight and can do maintenance wo press. I was skeptical about no stirrup but really kinda like it now. Plan on 320 for early season and nasty weather backup for M355.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Well dang the cats got out of the bag! Yup Mission MXB320 Matthews. Jus back out limb bolts like a compound & change yer string & harness cables. Don't need but one foot to cock & its easier than my Vixens. Has the auto safety & ADF short light compact narrow 19" uncocked will get 322 fps wid 412gr arrow 22" long. I have shot one at a Dealer close by me, dang thing tried to follow me home! Best trigger i have pulled in a long time on a crossbow, none of mine are close. Can be bought bare & make up yer own outfit
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Solid19xX

Post by Solid19xX »

This XBow would be my choice if it wasn't for the Matrix!
Micro 335_Black (Leupold Mark AR Mod1 SPR)
Matrix 330_Black (Leupold FXII 2.5x20)
Matrix 355_RealTreeX (TactZone)
Mathews ZXT_Black (SpotHogg Hunter)
Summit Viper SD
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I am positive in the fact i will never buy another of these models. Equinox or Vortex, Exomax or Exocet 200. All i need is light n compact 300-350 fps. I won't buy another carved tip limbed model or another straight risered model or either of those smj models. Nor a Vixen II or Phoenix, or a 405 or a 380 or a 330.
Half Bubble Off BD360

Alefone

Post by Alefone »

I did go as far as trying one and I was not impressed at all.It had a "toy" feeling in your hands and that is a big torn off for me.It shots OK but your foot placement as you cock it seems bit wird ,had a feeling I am about to crush my foot.It is not as loud as Excalibur but after everything I mentioned before I could not care less.....Not for me...:)
mndoggie

Post by mndoggie »

I shot a Mission 320 at a local store before I bought my Ibex. It was quiet. Handled well. I was attracted to the ability to change strings without a press.

Probably would have ended up with one except I had so many points and gift cards for my local Cabelas who sells Excalibur but not the Mission line.
pinshooter

Post by pinshooter »

They are great bows. 320 or Dagger either one would be a dandy little hunting bow.
John 3:16
Camo Matrix 380
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

The idea of being able to adjust the poundage is sweet ....turn it up for big game and down for fishing or smaller game. Right?
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Yup poundage is adjustable, i think from 125 up to 180. Its about 33" long, heck its a nice compact compound style crossbow
Half Bubble Off BD360

JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

vixenmaster wrote:Yup poundage is adjustable, i think from 125 up to 180. Its about 33" long, heck its a nice compact compound style crossbow
What will your Ladies think about you lookin at another Bow that way :lol:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
wcbarker

Post by wcbarker »

vixenmaster wrote:I am positive in the fact i will never buy another of these models. Equinox or Vortex, Exomax or Exocet 200. All i need is light n compact 300-350 fps. I won't buy another carved tip limbed model or another straight risered model or either of those smj models. Nor a Vixen II or Phoenix, or a 405 or a 380 or a 330.
then what would you buy?????????
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

wcbarker wrote:
vixenmaster wrote:I am positive in the fact i will never buy another of these models. Equinox or Vortex, Exomax or Exocet 200. All i need is light n compact 300-350 fps. I won't buy another carved tip limbed model or another straight risered model or either of those smj models. Nor a Vixen II or Phoenix, or a 405 or a 380 or a 330.
then what would you buy?????????
X2....What am I missing? Are you just pissed at Excalibur and don't want another excal bow, or are you saying you have what you want and won't buy another bow period. Or are you going to a Mission crossbow? Not attacking you in any way, I just don't understand what you were saying and am curious.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
MI Yeti

Post by MI Yeti »

phern wrote:I am curious too. What is smj????

Being ambiguous seems to be popular these days I guess.
i believe he is referring to the plastic framed models (smf), the axiom and ibex .
Exocet 165 2.5x32 Drop Zone scope
Vixenmaster and Danny miller strings
Gold tip laser II arrows ,Muzzy 235 broadheads