truning off lumenok

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

otisbrazwell

truning off lumenok

Post by otisbrazwell »

could some body tell me how to turn off bc lumenok on the firebolt with out useing pliers and how would you pull this bolt out of a foam target with out messing the knock up..instructions say grasp fletching and rock knock..no way do mine work like that..help please
michigan man

Re: truning off lumenok

Post by michigan man »

I had the same problem, my nocks were so tight that no way could I turn them off by hand. I took a pair of pliers and ground them off smooth and put shrink wrap on the gripping part of the pliers to turn the nock off. I also use my lighted nock arrows just for hunting. On my practice arrows, I have aluminum inserts that are pretty close to the weight of the Lumenoks. I made a home made arrow puller from a lawn mower starter handle with a 8/32 screw in it to pull arrows that I can't get out by hand.
Micro 335, Leupold VX3 1.5X5, 16" BEE"S, Lumenok, 100 grain Swhacker, 100 grain Wac-Em
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Get Danny Miller plier pullers. In the interm, if you have the rubber arrow puller/gripper used in vertical archery you can use that to turn off your luminok by rocking it.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Boo

Post by Boo »

The tighter the fit the more difficult it is to turn them off by rocking them with your thumb.
Either scrape or sand a touch more or get a pair of Danny Miller arrow pullers like Paul said.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

otisbrazwell wrote:could some body tell me how to turn off bc lumenok on the firebolt with out useing pliers and how would you pull this bolt out of a foam target with out messing the knock up..instructions say grasp fletching and rock knock..no way do mine work like that..help please
B/C also has pliers available that work well
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvested
matrix 355
matrix 330
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
100gr spitfire maxx
Boo strings
excaliber strings
Dagriz knife
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Deaf jeff wrote:
otisbrazwell wrote:could some body tell me how to turn off bc lumenok on the firebolt with out useing pliers and how would you pull this bolt out of a foam target with out messing the knock up..instructions say grasp fletching and rock knock..no way do mine work like that..help please
B/C also has pliers available that work well
★★★I just returned the Burt Coyote ones. They're called Bednar Luminok Extinguishers. Don't buy these! They're the same price as Danny Miller plier pullers but all they're good for is turning off Luminoks. They come with different size heads but again, only good for turning off Luminoks, not pulling arrows. Do not recommend.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Big John

Post by Big John »

First off: Lumenoks are supposed to be tight.
20 to 40 lbs. to turn on.
Explained with purchase paperwork.
Regular Vert bow arrows are turned off by rocking motion and pulling upward.
Crossbow arrows are a bit different.
So rocking them is not conducive to turning them off. I recommend using pliers strongly.
Danny millers work well, And I sell ones to match the Lumenoks as well. They are also easy to make. Grasp the Lumenok firmly and pull downward and with a slight turning motion at same time until it turns off. Just until it turns off!!! If you pull it out to much and shoot you will damage the arrow by double tapping. When storing them you can open them a bit more. But for shooting keep them just barely turned off. Repeat process to extinguish after each shot. They need to be tight. If you wish to have them lose enough to use your fingers to turn off, expect things to go wrong. Double taps, losing them in woods, damaged arrow ends, etc.

Big John

Lumenok Dealer
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]

Post by newbie »

i agree with John. I hold the arrow in one hand with nick end up pressing the nock sideways with my thumb then rotate shaft and do it again and again until it goes out. like trying to pop the top off a beer bottle. works for me and i always have that tool with me
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
otisbrazwell

Post by otisbrazwell »

thank you very much.they do light nicely.i will deal with the pliers and use them for hunting mostly.my vertical bow with carbon express nocks truned off easy.
BamaStumpJumper

Post by BamaStumpJumper »

This is a very good and convenient solution for turning off the Luminock when practicing or hunting! Go to Ace hardware and purchase some 3/8" inside diameter surgical tubing. You need a piece 4" long, just simply slide it over the nock approximately 1/2" to 3/4" pinch tightly and rock from side to side while pulling straight out. Only pull it out about 1/16" (thickness of your fingernail) and stop.
DO NOT rotate the knock just walk it straight out to minimize unnecessary wear to the nock.
☆Added very important tip!
The Luminock is designed with two wire contacts that slightly stick out past the outside diameter of the nock. Identify for yourself which vane to use as a cock vane. Now look at the end of the shaft with cock vane staight down. Slide the nock straight into the shaft so that the two wires are facing horizontally, when installed on the rail in the fireing position. This alighnment will insure the the two wires WILL NOT drag on the rail when fired. This is very important for a clean arrow launch from the rail.
Good luck
BamaStumpJumper
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

For all you guys shooting lumenocs. Make yourself some practice nocks that weigh the same as the lumenocs and only use the lumenocs for hunting. You will need plastic nocks (like the ones that come with the zombies.) A 1/2 x 8 set screw,some sand or # 8 or 9 bird shot and glue. you also need a grain scale. your goal weight is 28 grains. I put a bit of bird shot or sand in the nock then put the set screw on top of that. I try to get the weight at 26 1/2 or 27 grains. You may need to ad or remove a little shot to reach the target weight. Add glue until you reach 28 grains. The glue also locks in the set screw. You can use these at home and then remove them and replace with the lumenocs when it's time to go hunting.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
deertrx

Post by deertrx »

Danny's puller 4 sure don't leave home without them! They work great in all temps and wont ruin your nocks or arrows! :D
deertrx
Matrix 380 Xtra " Sweets "
Leupold Crossbones
TT Matrix Hunter 2.5
Boo Strings Danny Millers Bumpers
18" BE Zombies, Slick Trick 150 xbow BH's
" She's a beaut Clark! "
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

.....Ignitors do solve the above mentioned issues....although the use of Dr Danny Miller pliers pose no issues in extinguishing the Lumenoks and extracting arrows from targets....in my opinion based upon experience through use of both the Ignitors and Lumenoks....

.....As I have said over and over, I use both the Lumenoks and Ignitors... Love both...but do find the Ignitors easier to use... And much cheaper than the Lumenoks...

Anthony :)
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »