Question

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JPjunkie

Question

Post by JPjunkie »

I know Im settin myself up :lol: But here it goes what are you usin for lube to remove arras easier from foam targets :?:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
paulaboutform

Re: Question

Post by paulaboutform »

Woody's Arrow Lube and Danny Miller plier pullers. Without that combo I'd get a hernia trying to get the arrows my M380 launching into my rhinoblock.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Species8472

Post by Species8472 »

PAM cooking spray. Spray bottom 2 inches and wipe. Fire away. No problem with 405 and pulling field points or broadheads by hand from my 18-1.
Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie, cheat or steal. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil.

-The Iron Code of Druss the Legend
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Species8472 wrote:PAM cooking spray. Spray bottom 2 inches and wipe. Fire away. No problem with 405 and pulling field points or broadheads by hand from my 18-1.
I was thinking about something like that I just got my pliers from Danny my 405 is diggin in the rhinehart gotta love it Thanks
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

paulaboutform wrote:Woody's Arrow Lube and Danny Miller plier pullers. Without that combo I'd get a hernia trying to get the arrows my M380 launching into my rhinoblock.
Thanks Paul
bigrak

Post by bigrak »

JPjunkie wrote:I know Im settin myself up :lol: But here it goes what are you usin for lube to remove arras easier from foam targets :?:
Ky should work too.... :oops: :wink:
Matrix 405 Mega, Hawke XB30 SR Pro
trigger tech, Dr Stirrup ' Tac Pac
BEE 20" 429gr. NAP spitfires 100gr. Ignitors
BD400 XB30 SR PRO DR. Stirrup.
New 420TD Assassin
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

JPjunkie wrote:
Species8472 wrote:PAM cooking spray. Spray bottom 2 inches and wipe. Fire away. No problem with 405 and pulling field points or broadheads by hand from my 18-1.
I was thinking about something like that I just got my pliers from Danny my 405 is diggin in the rhinehart gotta love it Thanks
A friend of mine uses the PAM cooking spray as a release agent when he glass beds a rifle. Says it works great and reaches all the little spots you might miss with an agent that isnt spray on.
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

paulaboutform wrote:Woody's Arrow Lube and Danny Miller plier pullers. Without that combo I'd get a hernia trying to get the arrows my M380 launching into my rhinoblock.
Do you give your arrows a twist before pulling ? I bought some lube, think it was called arrow snot lol and it worked well, but once I got my DM pliars I no longer needed the lube, but like I mentioned I give the arrow a twist with the pliars before pulling.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone

Post by newbie »

Bullzeye wrote:
Do you give your arrows a twist before pulling ? I bought some lube, think it was called arrow snot lol and it worked well, but once I got my DM pliars I no longer needed the lube, but like I mentioned I give the arrow a twist with the pliars before pulling.
the twist is key with field tips. breaks the weld from the heat. Broadheads are easy out of my rhinoblock.
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
ELLIS

A dry bar of soap

Post by ELLIS »

I use a dry bar of soap and rub a coat of it on the first 4 inches of my arrow. I also have Danny's arrow puller if I can't pull by arrows out my hand. I used to use arrow lube but found when an arrow buries itself in a worn 3D foam target the lube coated itself along the entire shaft. When that happens my hand or Danny's puller can't grab the shaft well before slipping.
Last edited by ELLIS on Thu Mar 27, 2014 11:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Equinox (2011)
Leupold VX-2 3-9x33mm Ultralight EFR Scope
HHA Optimizer
TriggerTech Target Trigger
OFAH Member
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Bullzeye wrote:
I do give a twist to break the heat seal. I lube for every shot and keep it easy. I'm going to try the Pam, great idea.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I use to use jigaloo on my arrows. Spray them let them dry & shoot a full 3D course. I only took 3 arrows.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

Thanks for the tips everybody Ill try them My rhinehart bag target is a dream they come out like there buttered
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

Dumb question... doesn't putting lube on the arrows make them sink deeper in the target?
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

JPjunkie wrote:Thanks for the tips everybody Ill try them My rhinehart bag target is a dream they come out like there buttered
I was looking at those new bags on sale at Gander Mountain not long ago but read mixed reviews on it, do you have many shots into it ?? Some reviewers said the outer skin does not heal well and tears, how has yours held up ?
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone