Broadhead Accuracy

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

paulaboutform

Broadhead Accuracy

Post by paulaboutform »

I've got lots of time for testing before hunting season rolls around but I've only been able to shoot my Toxic Broadheads out to 30yards with my M380. They're pin point accurate at this range but I was wondering at what range errant flight is usually noticed? With compounds my experience has been that you notice a change in poi within 30yards but I haven't had as much experience with crossbows. So...what's your take? Would you notice a change in poi within 30yards or would it usually show at more extended range? Thanks.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
DaGriz

Re: Broadhead Accuracy

Post by DaGriz »

Depends on the bow, the arrow and the fletching. I have tested Toxic BH's out to 45yds and found exceptional accuracy using GT Laser III Pro arrows and BEE arrows, brass insert, 2" RH heical fletching
You sure you can skin griz, pilgrim??

Life is too short to carry an UGLY knife!
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

DaGriz wrote:Depends on the bow, the arrow and the fletching. I have tested Toxic BH's out to 45yds and found exceptional accuracy using GT Laser III Pro arrows and BEE arrows, brass insert, 2" RH heical fletching
Thanks DaGriz, I thought as much myself. I've got big John arrows so I know they're squared and matched, 92gr brass inserts and 2"blazers. I'm hoping they maintain their accuracy at extended range. Good to hear you had great accuracy to 45yards.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Wid yer arrow setup right they should give min of deer out to 60 yds. I have read by some on here 75/80 yds were good. Thats extreme to me fer yardage. In all my yrs i have only shot one deer out at 41 yds. Thats due to my area, its thick wid limbs leaves trees n saplins.It looks fairly good on the ground but 20'-30' up a tree its a nitemare gettin a clear shot at 40 yds. Even 35 yds is really tuff here
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

vixenmaster wrote:Wid yer arrow setup right they should give min of deer out to 60 yds. I have read by some on here 75/80 yds were good. Thats extreme to me fer yardage. In all my yrs i have only shot one deer out at 41 yds. Thats due to my area, its thick wid limbs leaves trees n saplins.It looks fairly good on the ground but 20'-30' up a tree its a nitemare gettin a clear shot at 40 yds. Even 35 yds is really tuff here
I've been shooting out to 110 yards and would like to see how far I can extend extreme range with my broadheads. For hunting purposes the closer the better. Let me say clearly I don't promote long range shooting at animals. I'm a tinkerer and like playing just to see what the limits are. I would love to see field point accuracy beyond 100yards. Time will tell.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Do it to it, won't never find out til you try!
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315