Talk about BAD LUCK

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

UPSMAN

Talk about BAD LUCK

Post by UPSMAN »

When it goes bad at my house, it really goes bad. First off, I want to tell everybody on this forum what a hell of a nice guy Flightattendant100 (Paul) is. One of the finest guys I ever had the opportunity to meet. It was a pleasure to hunt with him and his son Colton,aka, The Whataburger kid. I predict that Colton will own his own Whataburger Franchise one day. My run of bad luck started with my unsuccessful attempt to kill a Rio Grande turkey. I hunted my a$$ off for 2 days and didn't even get close to a turkey. I blame this on Boo for educating the birds of my upcoming arrival. He assured me that Pauls turkeys were the dumbest birds on the planet. All I can say is,they sure got educated fast. They were like looking for a needle in a hay stack. Maybe my bad luck had something to do with me not taking the magic robe to Texas. I took my lumps like a man and headed back to Florida. I arrived home at 8:00 pm Monday night. Unpacked all my dirty stuff and quickly washed and dried it to repack for Georgia. Loaded the truck for a week of hunting with my wife. It was 11:00 pm before all the loading was complete. We get up at 5:00 am to head for Georgia. I back the truck out of the drive and head out of the neighborhood. My Ford powerstroke starts to run really bad. Running like it's only hitting on 3 or 4 cylinders. I put a new fuel filter in and notice that I have no fuel in the fuel filter bowl. Checked everything I could check and came to conclusion that it was a bad fuel pump. Had truck towed to dealer and it's been there all day. They tell me it's not a bad fuel pump but some type of electrical issue that they can't find. So I sit and wait. Looks like I might not kill a Georgia turkey this year. Woe is me. :cry: :cry: :cry:
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Fletch2

Re: Talk about BAD LUCK

Post by Fletch2 »

you will get going if not there is butter ball :D
2012 vortex
vixenmaster string
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Well i was wonderin where Murphy had ran off to. I am sure sad he came to visit you. I am very glad he has left! :)
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

That Sucks! did you pack the robe this time! :lol: Hope it all turns around for you!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx
BJ custom arrows
Boo string on vixen
wheelie

Post by wheelie »

:shock: Bad luck you say? Cheer up, yours is only money, we know how to make more of that. :wink: :lol: :lol:
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Send the robe to the mechanic!! :D :mrgreen: :lol:
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
strum

Post by strum »

send the robe to the mechanic :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: that's a good one..

hang in there its going to turn for ya man...
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
diesel

Post by diesel »

Sorry to hear of the bad luck .

What year is the truck , Give me a call tomorrow let see what I can find out for you give me year and VIN # also where are you and the truck located may have contacts that can help you. That is what we do is work on diesel trucks .

614 445 8391

Larry Mickley
Columbus Diesel Supply
Reynoldsbug Ohio
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

Sorry about your luck! My son just had about the same trouble from his power stroke a few weeks ago. Had to get new computer box an fried a couple other things. Ol Murphy must have left here an headed south :?
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

It was my pleasure to get to hunt with UPSMAN (Dennis) this past weekend. I am really down that the birds didnt cooperate at all. Dennis is a bona fide die hard hunter on turkey birds! Sunday he hunted all day with two itty bitty bottles of water, period! No food, no snacks, no breaks! In the heat, in the wind! He is hard core! He was determined to get a Rio Grande. He is also a super nice guy that I was tickled to get to meet and hunt with, and visit with.Thanks for putting up with Coltons addiction to Whataburger. I hope that the truck gets fixed and you get to Geogia for those easterns. From "Camp No-Kill". :oops:
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Just reporting back from hunt camp. The Ford dealer did manage to repair my truck and get me on the road at 815 pm Tuesday night.Rolled up to my Georgia house at 300 am and got 2 1/2 hours of sleep. Had my first and only turkey of the week killed before 800. It was down hill the rest of the week. The birds wouldn't gobble and the ones that I encountered were henned up tight. To top my week off, I managed to shatter the rear window of my Leer topper. A 600 repair. This hunting thing is starting to get costly.
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
fuzzy

Post by fuzzy »

Last edited by fuzzy on Mon Apr 14, 2014 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
DaveShooter

Post by DaveShooter »

Hey the run of bad luck has to end sometime. Just hang in there!!! :D
Blood on the floor

Post by Blood on the floor »

Ready to send murphy packen?
mark 10 :13
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

If you can just hang on until our season starts here, I'm sure Murphy will head north and leave you alone! :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.