Sighting in issues M330

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

buttnbuck

Sighting in issues M330

Post by buttnbuck »

Ok, previously posted that i had shot my new M330 out to 30 yards, shooting well, but stretched it out to 50yards this afternoon and started spraying bolts left. Shooting GT 2'S WITH 4" fletch and 125gr. points. Bolts weigh up at 360grs. So i tried the original Diabolo's with 125gr. points, they weigh up to 370gr......same results. Bench resting and pretty sure i'm level..........please help, getting very frustrated :?
strum

Re: Sighting in issues M330

Post by strum »

buttnbuck wrote:Ok, previously posted that i had shot my new M330 out to 30 yards, shooting well, but stretched it out to 50yards this afternoon and started spraying bolts left. Shooting GT 2'S WITH 4" fletch and 125gr. points. Bolts weigh up at 360grs. So i tried the original Diabolo's with 125gr. points, they weigh up to 370gr......same results. Bench resting and pretty sure i'm level..........please help, getting very frustrated :?
are all your arrows shooting to the left at 50?
if so you may be either canting your bow or the scope is not level.
work with only one -two arrows at a time till you get it .
hope this helps
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

I would make sure scope is level and try some Blazer vanes with as much helical that you can get . The blazers really help ! :D
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
Boo

Post by Boo »

You'll need more FOC and possibly more offset to your fletchings.
BTW, saying spraying to the left isn't going to make it easy to help you. What group sizes are you getting?
If you are consistently to the left it is more likely what you are doing or have done like not having your vertical reticle plumb or you are canting your bow.
Last edited by Boo on Sat Apr 12, 2014 5:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I use the GT's Lazer 2 also, and that sounds light! I use 100 grain heads, and Blazers, I come in at 390 grains! Check scope for level as suggested, and remember that there is a big difference between 50 yards, and 30! If you are consistently hitting left, and close, adjust your scope to zero at 50 yards, and then back out to 30, see where you are!

Good luck, post back when you get it resolved.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Michiganhunter

Post by Michiganhunter »

Also are you cocking the bow using your hands or a stringer? Using hands can influence poor accuracy at longer distance. Is it possible the wind is a factor? Is it also possible that you are jerking the trigger? These things all tend to rear their ugly head when the distance is increased. Good luck.
380 Matrix Extra
Hawke XB 30 Compact
Easton 2216 19 " 388gr... 378fps
100gr Spitfire/Wasp Jak-Hammer
Trigger Tech trigger

Post by newbie »

Like others said check your scope for level!
Kandy-a.k.a Raid
Midge- a.k.a Micro 335
SSAS Spynal Tapps-Original
100 Grn 2" Shwacker
Boo threads
Don't wreck the fun house!
buttnbuck

Post by buttnbuck »

xcaliber wrote:I use the GT's Lazer 2 also, and that sounds light! I use 100 grain heads, and Blazers, I come in at 390 grains! Check scope for level as suggested, and remember that there is a big difference between 50 yards, and 30! If you are consistently hitting left, and close, adjust your scope to zero at 50 yards, and then back out to 30, see where you are!

Good luck, post back when you get it resolved.
These are cut to 18"s and aluminum inserts front to back with 4" fletch, weigh up to 360grs.......125gr points. Will try zeroing at 50 though and work my way back...see what happens. Did discover 2 scope mount screws had back out, retightened them, but now even at 20 yards having a hard time getting 2 bolts to hit the same place............shot lots of Excal's over the years, this one seems to be giving me the most problems.Not lack of experience, i still hold the high score record at the Picton archery club, i shot at least 10 years ago(with a Vixen). Not bragging in any way :oops: ......just trying to make a point, i value everyones input.....just totally lost on this one.
wolv1001

Post by wolv1001 »

wolv1001

Post by wolv1001 »

delete
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I'm not too fond of Gold Tip Lazer II's I've had 2 out of 6 before that wouldn't group with the others. My wife's 330 shoots great with Black Eagle Executioners and 100 gr. heads I just dialed her broadheads in this afternoon and they're hitting a 1 inch dot at 30-35 yards.

Good luck I hope you find out what the issue is
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads
SniperWolf

Post by SniperWolf »

Using excaliburs Diablo's myself and I've had no problems. My 330 is bang on. Hope you find your solution to your problem. Maybe more front end weight? 150 gr instead of 125?
Matrix 330 "Mercy"
Slick Tricks
Boo Custom String
buttnbuck

Post by buttnbuck »

Well, went out this morning......no wind, decided to give it a try again. Two shots later and the screw that actually holds the scope ring on the base fell right off :shock. tried to put it back on, found out it was stripped :x . I had a spare set of rings thank god. Put her all back together..........bang on. Sorry fella's for all the stress :wink: Oh ya, and the Diabolo,s do seem to shoot better.
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Love those happy endings.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

Its easy to get frustrated, especially us who try to be perfectionist in our sport, . . . when you know it'll shoot but wont, great job hanging in there!
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly