Hawke XB1 speed ring calibration

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Downunder

Hawke XB1 speed ring calibration

Post by Downunder »

Hi guys, can someone with an XB1 please supply the corresponding magnification numbers on the speed ring... ie 250 ft per sec = 1.5x (going by what I can read on a downloaded manual)
I'm still deciding on a scope for a 380, between an XB1, Nikon Bolt XR or HHA Optimizer Speed dial and Optimizer scope.... the more I read the more I get confused !!! :? . They all have their individual benefits to me.
wheelie

Re: Hawke XB1 speed ring calibration

Post by wheelie »

Go to their website and download the program. Set magnification where you want and it will give you the yardages. Two bows I have set close on the 10's out to 100 yards but my 110lb target bow I have set on the 5's out to 65 yards. If you want 5X for an example your numbers would be 20, 33, 46 ect. Hope this helps.

Scope its self says 1.5X = 250fps up to 5X at 425FPS
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

It seems to be that is it important to have the correct ballistics coefficient of your arrow entered into that app to get accurate yardages. I guess you can use it either way. Set it to a fixed magnification and note the yardage for eacj cross hair, or set it such that each cross hair falls on an even multiple of 10 (or really close) or 5. I think when it says "265 to 425 fps" that means to have 10 yard differences between the crosshairs. But as wheelie noted, you can change it so that it is only 5 yards between crosshairs. Comes in handy if you have a really heavy arrow or slower bow etc.
I really like my XB1
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
Downunder

Post by Downunder »

Until reading these replies I have misunderstood how the XB1 works from reading the downloaded instruction manual, now a clearer understanding ... thank you all :D
offshore

Post by offshore »

I have used the Nikon Bolt, Excals and TenPoint xbow scopes, but I recently put the HHA Optimizer with a 2.5x8 Vortex Viper rifle scope on my rig and absolutely love it. Very simple to install and set up, and YES,. . .it's dead nuts as advertised ! ! ! I was a little concerned regarding the parallax being set for a rifle (100yds.), but received a little helpful advise from some forum members here and just installed it, then let'r rip ! ! ! The cheek weld is a little low, so I'm working on that (yes, I do have the Excal Cheek Piece installed) even with my big melon it could use to be about another 1/2" to 3/4" above the stock. Other than that. . .it is AWESOME. I really like not having things not so busy inside my scope. Check one out. . .I think you my just like it.
Downunder

Post by Downunder »

I'm thinking of the HHA Optimizer speed dial plus either an HHA 3x32 scope or a Nikon Bolt XR using only the centre cross hair.
If I end up not liking the Optimizer speed dial or damage it I can remove it and continue to sight in the Nikon with its BDC 60 Reticle system.
I don't like cluttered scope reticles so most likely be picking either of these two fixed power scopes mentioned.
None of these scopes are available to view in New Zealand with my research so far so will also have to import from Canada or USA also... I take pot luck really.
The Nikon seems to have a good name on the forum but no mention of either of the two HHA 3x32 scopes available.
I have checked out the Optimizer Speed Dial and a Tactzone of which another forum member has on his 380 locally, my eyes definitely don't agree with the Tactzone reticles.... toooooo busy !!
My 380 is flying some where across the Pacific as I speak :D , so have to make the decision soon.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

The Optimizer is designed for use with single reticle scopes. That would provide the cleanest view. The Nikon bolt is a very good hunting scope, but for 3D, there are more accurate options for pin point accuracy. My2cents!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

I've got a Leupold VX-R 3-9X40 with the ballistic Firedot reticle. It's got the hash marks but i don't even notice them. I've got the HHA Optimizer on my M380 and love it. Wouldn't own another bow without it. Get the best scope you can afford with a reticle you like and the Optimizer will do the rest.
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Well said!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!