My 380 is a BEAST!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

mike w

Re: My 380 is a BEAST!!!

Post by mike w »

Man, Winter is a persistent one this year, gotta respect that a little. We're going down into the 20's tonight into morning. One more time using the wood stoves... Soon enough we'll be plopping in the Lake!
mike w

Post by mike w »

Man Swamp, that is a straight up Beauty! I almost feel guilty looking at it with mine in the other room! 388 is no joke, did you upgrade the string? I'm still very much a rookie, but I saw some stuff on that...
Michiganhunter

Post by Michiganhunter »

Just curious. a 380 extra shooting only 304-305 sounds a little slow is there something I am missing here.
380 Matrix Extra
Hawke XB 30 Compact
Easton 2216 19 " 388gr... 378fps
100gr Spitfire/Wasp Jak-Hammer
Trigger Tech trigger
mike w

Post by mike w »

Thanks, Mike! She's a hot one for sure. My first E/M 380 Xtra was also clocking 384-385 fps. I only shoot Excalibur factory strings outta my rigs. :wink:[/quote]

Wow! I've shot out to 30 with mine but really only dialed it in at 20. I set the speed at 370 for now just assuming 380 was a maximum speed achieved with the dynoflex (i think) string. I am hoping to actually test it formally at 40 early next week (gotta go to in laws for Easter). Maybe I should turn that up to 380 to hone it in at 40? Have no means to time it and per the wife, no more purchases this year! :lol:
mike w

Post by mike w »

Let us know when you find her sweet spot, Mike? Have fun shootin'... :D If your shooting the stock "Diablos" with 150gr tips? She should be flinging in the high 360's/low 370's... :wink:[/quote]

Will do. I got 100 gr tips cause I like to additional speed you may get from the Xact broad heads. Probably alittle more thinking then I need to be doing but that does seems like half the fun! I'd like to get some Rage expandibles. Big fan of Tim Wells and he's got me convinced that those things are pretty legit! :lol:
mike w

Post by mike w »

10-4, that :!: The G5 T3's are also "Wicked" heads... :wink:[/quote]

Just googled them, yup they'll work! I can't wait for my birthday in September... So much cool stuff!!!
saxman

Post by saxman »

It looks like an awesome bow!!
Scott
http://www.myspace.com/saxman1

Take a kid hunting
They don't remember their best day of watching TV

Excalibur Equinox
TruGlo Red/Green Dot
NGSS Absorber by NewGuy
Custom strings by BOO
Groundpounder Top Mount
ACF Member - 2011
mike w

Post by mike w »

saxman wrote:It looks like an awesome bow!!
It really is. I don't pretend to know very much about these bows in general, but I've seen and shot a few other ones (Parkers, 10 points). They are very nice but the accuracy I have been experiencing in my very rookie stages are breath taking and it's just one of those things that has earned my confidence. It was very costly, but I would spend it again because i am very sure my kids, and someday grand kids stand a good chance of harvesting their first Deer with it. I couldn't be happier!
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

xcaliber wrote:Thanks Mike, it is in our family room, I fight with my wife every time she wants to change it! :lol: I'm going to loose one day, but I don't know when. She gets to girl up the bedroom all she wants to, I never give her any grief about that. :lol:

[URL=http://s1339.photobucket.com/user/xcali ... e.jpg.html]Image

That picture looks perfect to me xcalibur....can't see why she would want to change it...i'm sure you put it up solely to match the curtains.......lol!

Anthony :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
mike w

Post by mike w »

[quote="mike w"]Let us know when you find her sweet spot, Mike? Have fun shootin'... :D If your shooting the stock "Diablos" with 150gr tips?

Took it out to 40 this evening and I can say it is truly a piece of art. I had the speed ring (pardon my terminology if it's wrong) set to 370. Tonight I was shooting off the back of a folding chair so I'm still resting pretty good and just relying on the bow's mechanics. It was still driving tacks into the bulls eye with no problem!

Gonna take it out to 60 next session to see if they hit consistently. Good times!
:)