Here's a report on the OMP TipTamers

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

paulaboutform

Re: Here's a report on the OMP TipTamers

Post by paulaboutform »

hankenhunter wrote:I'm thinkin he means that the string touchs the tamers when the bow is un cocked.
Hank
Thanks Hank. I was thinking that also. I wanted to know if they're saying there should be a small gap between the string and the tamer when at rest. ???
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
strum

Post by strum »

paulaboutform wrote:
hankenhunter wrote:I'm thinkin he means that the string touchs the tamers when the bow is un cocked.
Hank
Thanks Hank. I was thinking that also. I wanted to know if they're saying there should be a small gap between the string and the tamer when at rest. ???
Dave at Wyvern said it should have a gap about the size of the wire of a paper clip when at rest. he also said that they are including instructions with them now and if anyone has an issue with them coming off to call him and he will make it right...he is a great guy to deal with.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Bullzeye

Post by Bullzeye »

Amazing that they do not add instructions, seems Dave adds his own in with every set he sells, it may seem obvious how to apply them but something as simple as leaving them set for 24hrs is not always thought of, lots of peeps on the other forum did not wait 24hrs and all had adhesion problems.
Exocet 200
S5 System
Shadowzone
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

I've tried weather striping, mole skin and a few others, none worked what did was raising the BH so the string doesn't rest on the limb, so the say raise it off the tamers now. before one buys them raise your BH and and try it.
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Limbs and Sticks wrote:I've tried weather striping, mole skin and a few others, none worked what did was raising the BH so the string doesn't rest on the limb, so the say raise it off the tamers now. before one buys them raise your BH and and try it.
Okay WAIT WAIT WAIT! Am I understanding correctly that they want you to raise your brace height and set up like that? In other words a one inch or one and a half inch brace height?
wyvern

Post by wyvern »

Hi
OK...to add to the confusion somewhat: I had a discussion with the engineers this morning. The production department never bothered to put any real instructions on the packages so everyone is somewhat running blind here. What I am doing is adding the following instructions with any I sell starting today:
"Over and above cleaning the surface of your limbs with alcohol please note that you want to have an air gap between the string and the Tip Tamer when the bow is at rest. The thickness of the wire on a paperclip is a good gauge to use. Also allow 24 hours for the glue to set up prior to shooting the bow. Excessive pressure on the Tip Tamer or lack of glue set up time. will cause accelerated wear and the glue to not hold it in place. "
Now..there should also be an addition that I need to put in that your brace height needs to be set BEFORE you install them. The factory strings tend to stretch and right out of the box I have seen them stretched to the point where they are jammed into the suppression bumpers on some bows. So, if you have not shot in your bow and re-adjusted your brace height (this may cause some arguments but as I understand it 5/8" from the junction of the rail and the riser is correct and yes, it puts about a 1/4" gap between the bumpers and the string.) and eliminated any further stretching of the string then don't put these on till this has been done. So in a nutshell: shoot it and adjust the string so it does not stretch and its at the proper brace height, thoroughly clean and dry the limbs, install the tip tamers with an air gap about the thickness of the wire on a paperclip, and let them sit for 24hrs before shooting them....hope that helps
Wyvern
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Thanks for the explanation. That's completely logical and makes sense. I can't wait till mine arrive.
one eye joe

Post by one eye joe »

Any idea how long these things are supposed to last? Hate to spend $12 for just a few shots.
Ibex (The Terrible)
Dan's (xcalibur) strings
DCA arrows
Swacker broadheads