Small diameter strings?

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

awshucks

Re: Small diameter strings?

Post by awshucks »

to squeak every last bit of speed out of the Exomax as possible.
What's your goal here? :mrgreen: Bill T took a bull elephant w/ that xbow w/ 900 gr arrow at about 250 fps. I shot an Emax for a spell, loved it.

Eventually ended up w/ a Y-25 I liked a tad more. I do know if you seek speed from the Emax, it becomes a 'beast'.

I also know we've 'talked about' this some in the past, lol.

Go for it......... :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Yup i had the E'max also fer 1 yr. Twas a rip snorter fer speed, 350-352 fps wid 350gr total wt. arrow. I sold it I jus didn't care fer the long stroke cockin it. Went back to Miss Vixen. Shoot fer the moon, do it
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

I'm making and shooting 40 strand BCY - X Flemish strings and love the Low creep , soft shot that it offers . If there is a small loss in fps its so small my scope dial stays in the same place . 373 on leupold crossbones dial , that's on my 380 of course .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

ch312 wrote: I just want to know if it can be done safely or not and if anyone is making them.
It can be done safely . . .not sure it's worth the extra few feet per second. The testing I completed was on my Exomax.

We tried to figure out a way to make the serving thicker in order to avoid the issue with the low seating on the nock.

There are trade-offs with everything we do. Stick with the thicker string, use lighter arrows. : )
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

sumner4991 wrote:
ch312 wrote: I just want to know if it can be done safely or not and if anyone is making them.
It can be done safely . . .not sure it's worth the extra few feet per second. The testing I completed was on my Exomax.

We tried to figure out a way to make the serving thicker in order to avoid the issue with the low seating on the nock.

There are trade-offs with everything we do. Stick with the thicker string, use lighter arrows. : )

X2
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers