NY Crossbow Regs

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Rusty Gate

NY Crossbow Regs

Post by Rusty Gate »

I'm curious to hear from any NY folks who may be on the board as to how NY state is coming along with finalizing the xbow regs for the upcoming fall 2014 season. I ask this specifically as it relates to their 200lb draw weight maximum. Is there any notion regarding this being changed? As we all know this particular aspect eliminates the Matrix line from legal use in NY. I'd love to at one point use my 405 up there at one point. Thanks in advance for reading this post. I sincerely appreciate it.

PS. I would also like to thank ALL the members here for the valuable information posted....you good folks really helped me decide on both brand and model of xbox.....I couldn't have done it w/o this board's help and willingness to share their knowledge.

RG
amythntr

Re: NY Crossbow Regs

Post by amythntr »

Rusty Gate....and I thought NJ was the worst when it came to not allowing things....we have no restrictions here as to crossbow poundage....your are definitely welcome to the "arm pit" of the USA to hunt. Now when it comes to just about everything else that is a different story....just remember NJ just doesn't have a Northern and a southern tier....but about 50 zones and different requirements for each...but you still are welcome!

Anthony :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
madhatterbs

Post by madhatterbs »

well the bill got pasted so we can use them possibly November 1st for the last 2 weeks of the southern early archery season, then for the regular season and late archery. I ve heard that the D.E.C. will be having public forums some time this month on it regulations. However.... for example, the 200 lbs weight limit is something that is written in the law so that the D.E.C. can not change it. it has to work within the limits of what it was passed by law makers.
Rusty Gate

Post by Rusty Gate »

Thank you both for weighing on this, much appreciated! I was hoping that reason and facts would ultimately get NY to see this reasonably....perhaps it'll be modified in the future.

Anthony,

I know all to well how it works in NJ....I sheepishly admit to living there :oops: Just updated my profile to reflect that. Most of my hunting is done in PA and VA.....but do have some family in upstate NY, in the Adirondack area. I'll just continue to use my vertical bow when I go up there...but would dearly love to uncork the 405 up there! :)

Thanks again boys!

RG