3D crossbow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

paulaboutform

3D crossbow

Post by paulaboutform »

Is anyone familiar with the rules and regs for I.B.O. 3D crossbow shooting? ...or A.S.A..
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
ELLIS

Re: 3D crossbow

Post by ELLIS »

Is this what you are after?

IBO Crossbow Rules (2013)

Crossbows must be standard production crossbows, however, minor modifications such as butt plates, strings, and the like shall be permitted as long as such modifications do not void the manufacturer's warranty or diminish designed safety standards. No Hooked Butts, Palm Rests, or extra equipment used for bracing will be allowed. Bolts must be no less than 20/64ths in diameter and measure no shorter than 14 inches. All bolts must be identical in type and size and point weight. Bolts must use at least three (3) vanes or feathers and screw in field points. Crossbows shooting up to and including 300 fps must shoot bolts weighing no less than 400 grains. Crossbows shooting 301 to 325 fps must shoot bolts weighing no less than 425 grains. Crossbows shooting more than 325 fps must shoot bolts weighing no less than 450 grain. Any type of sight may be used. Any archer using a variable power scope shall be responsible to tape or otherwise secure the adjustment setting to create a fixed magnification, prior to beginning competition. X-BOW archers will shoot from the green stake.

Crossbows must be in sound condition with a working safety. The crossbow shall not be cocked until the archer is at the stake and preparing to shoot. The safety must remain on until the archer is ready to shoot. The crossbow must be loaded while in a downward position and pointed in the direction of the target. No crossbow may be loaded while pointing up.
Equinox (2011)
Leupold VX-2 3-9x33mm Ultralight EFR Scope
HHA Optimizer
TriggerTech Target Trigger
OFAH Member
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

Thank you so much for the info.. So if I'm understanding correctly, I can shoot my M380 as long as I use a 450gr bolt. I can tape the variable power ring of my scope but CAN use my HHA Optimizer for setting different yardage. Do you know if a Trigger Tech Trigger is allowed as it's install technically voids the manufacturer warranty?
ELLIS

Post by ELLIS »

I have used that trigger in an IBO shoot in New York State, no questions asked, no problem. Technically, a custom string would also void the warranty as it is also after market!
Equinox (2011)
Leupold VX-2 3-9x33mm Ultralight EFR Scope
HHA Optimizer
TriggerTech Target Trigger
OFAH Member
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

ELLIS wrote:I have used that trigger in an IBO shoot in New York State, no questions asked, no problem. Technically, a custom string would also void the warranty as it is also after market!
Thanks Ellis. Some people just look at the literal roll rather than the intent of the rule. By the way, how did you do at that shoot?