FYI- TriggerTech price

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

racking up points

FYI- TriggerTech price

Post by racking up points »

I ordered a Matrix 2-stage from one of the forum's favourite vendors today and was surprised to find the price increased by almost $25. I bought one from the same vendor 8 weeks ago and assumed that the price would be the same...it wasn't. Apparently a decision came down that forced the price increase. I guess all vendors now have to sell closer to the MSRP. :?
Leupold Optics
Boo Custom Strings
Black Eagle Arrows
Ti64.com Fastener Kits
onebigskittle

Re: FYI- TriggerTech price

Post by onebigskittle »

Well I am happy with what Excalibur put in their crossbows and if I aimed at the same spot I would be Robin hooding all the time so I don't think it would help me out unless I was 3D shooting or shooting for distance but I am a hunter and for that reason I don't feel the need to have one, Plus they were to high for me to start with. Not trying to be negative its just my opinion.
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

Never shot one myself but the Boo trigger that I have is Legend. :) :)
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

:D all of my bows were alittle stiff and had alot of creep, we shoot alot and now our triggers are great. little to no creep. i think there triggers take awhile to break in.
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

What might be a bad trigger for some is really a good trigger for others, were shooting xbows under a 100yds for most here, I've got 4 different triggers, Boo trig, Danny Miller trig, Trigger tech trig and a couple excal triggers, 4 different bows 4 different triggers I hit the same hole, just have to figure your trigger out.

The price on the triggers was raised because they could.
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
rt2bowhunter

Post by rt2bowhunter »

I bought a blackout 330 that came with a trigger tech installed.
I just couldn't live with the stock trigger on my 380.
So I ordered one for it.:)
NEPAbowhunter

Post by NEPAbowhunter »

I just bought Matrix 2.5 hunter on May 14th from Danny Miller for $179.00
Trigger Tech web site is same price.
Single stage Trigger Tech looks to be the best bang for your buck@$129.00
Matrix 355
Bulldog 380
Mission Sub-1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS9N8dEdZCQ
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

$179? Wow. My Matrix trigger just got that much better :mrgreen:
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

These are match trigger prices for match shooting rifles, I agree with others to much $$$
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
ELLIS

Post by ELLIS »

I have to disagree this some of you here. I think that the current price is not outrageous. Let's face it good archery equipment, like equipment in other sports, is expensive. Take a look at the prices for Carter releases that compound shooters use. All at or close to $200.00 and have much less parts than the TriggerTech. The cost of everything has gone up and manufacturers have to pass those costs to us. Still a great trigger and many have said so here and elsewhere. The extra $20-$25 won't change that fact.
Equinox (2011)
Leupold VX-2 3-9x33mm Ultralight EFR Scope
HHA Optimizer
TriggerTech Target Trigger
OFAH Member
Carnivorous

Post by Carnivorous »

I also thought the TT triggers were crazy expensive. Then I tried one & realized what I had been missing all along. I now have 2 TT triggers & would not hunt with-out one!!

Jeff
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

I would imagine with all the costs of developing and producing the TT trigger, that the asking price is more than fair. Perhaps the costs of materials has risen? Maybe demand is more then supply?

I have bought something from TT, but it was just a small item. I guess their website was giving them problems and my order didn't go thru to shipping. My dealings with the guys there went very well and they corrected the problem very quickly. My item was shipped and I received it the next day. To keep me happy I think they likely lost whatever small profit they were going to make on the part to the shipping costs.

For a demanding shooter its awesome that there is this resource for those not afraid to spend some extra money to get their bow shooting just the way they want. I don't have much of a disposable income at the moment so I don't own one yet but I likely will at some point. For those of ya like me, Don does a great job of improving the factory trigger feel at a very reasonable price. A factory trigger feels pretty good but once ya try a better one you wonder how you shot a factory trigger :wink:
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I'm sure they are great, hence the following! I have owned three Excalibur's, and plan on the fourth soon. All have had triggers that would provide the accuracy I demand. I am sure that the T.T. is an upgrade, but the price increase is keeping me away. Could this be driven by the recent trigger issues with the 405?? :shock:
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

My latest Excal trigger starts her travel in the mornin & finishes it in the evenin jus afore dark, :lol: Its a most easy pull but she is a travellin gal fer sure. I have shot 80 times & will shoot anutter 120 times to see if'en it improves. I won't be spendin money on an after market trigger to kill deer n hogs out to 40 yds
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

vixenmaster wrote:My latest Excal trigger starts her travel in the mornin & finishes it in the evenin jus afore dark, :lol: Its a most easy pull but she is a travellin gal fer sure. I have shot 80 times & will shoot anutter 120 times to see if'en it improves. I won't be spendin money on an after market trigger to kill deer n hogs out to 40 yds

....too funny Mike...

Anthony :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings