String stop for old bow

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

sullyy

String stop for old bow

Post by sullyy »

Anyone know if it's possible to pick up String stoppers that will fit an old Exocet 175? It's got a lot of string twang, and is pretty loud.

I'm guessing it's a long shot but I didn't know if anyone of the aftermarket guys made them back in the day.

Thanks!
Carnivorous

Re: String stop for old bow

Post by Carnivorous »

sullyy wrote:Anyone know if it's possible to pick up String stoppers that will fit an old Exocet 175? It's got a lot of string twang, and is pretty loud.

I'm guessing it's a long shot but I didn't know if anyone of the aftermarket guys made them back in the day.

Thanks!
If you can post a picture of the riser we can help you out. If it the old cast riser no stops are available for it I have been down the road you are on once. Best bang for your buck is to upgrade the riser to a machined forward riser if you can find one for sale. Don't hesitate to call Excalibur and ask if they can help you out with the riser upgrade...

Jeff
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
cdn.redneck

Post by cdn.redneck »

you can ask BOO if he have any or contact Danny Miller
Leupold crossbones
Mathews Monster 7.0
Black Eagle - Carbon Express - Easton
sullyy

Post by sullyy »

This is what the riser looks like. I don't see any way it would be possible haha.

NewGuy

Post by NewGuy »

Someone with access to a milling machine could whip something up pretty easily ;-)
Boo/Comfybear Custom strings
JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

I have had good results with Bow Jax limb silencers,,,,make sure to get the ones made for crossbows,,,take some alcohol to clean your limbs,,,apply carefully,,let them sit overnite before shooting ..you won't be dissappointed :wink:
Cub *TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Cub-Pow)
308 Short Banshee* TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Shorty)
Magnus Buzz Cuts * Mad Hornets
Gold Tip Laser II's 16.5 386grn
BE Executioners 16.5 405grn
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string