New Member, non owner.... Updated

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

DryFire

New Member, non owner.... Updated

Post by DryFire »

Hello all,
After much research, I've concluded that my next purchase will be an Excalibur crossbow. I don't have a clue as to what model. My only crossbow to date was an old garage sale find. It was little more than a toy, and I never drew blood with it. I've been an archer my whole life, started shooting my grandfather's osage orange longbow, progressed to a recurve, then to compound, then back to longbow. I once touched the string on my compound bow with a broadhead and literally got slapped out of my treestand. I had my old longbow in the truck as a backup, and once I strung it up, never went back. I wrongly assumed that all crossbows were compounds of sort, so I never bothered to look into them. I was watching a blackbear hunt on television one rainy afternoon and saw a guy take a nice Canadian bear with a recurve crossbow. I didn't even know they made such a thing. After an afternoon of research, I've ended up here. I'll lurk for a while, maybe ask a question or three, then purchase my first 'Real' crossbow.
Nice meeting you all,
Don
Last edited by DryFire on Sat Sep 20, 2014 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vixenmaster

Re: New Member, non owner

Post by vixenmaster »

Welcome to the Forum
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

Welcome !!!
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
georgiaboy

Post by georgiaboy »

Welcome to the forum!! :D
Bulldog m380 blackout
Micro 355
Matrix 350LE
Vixen II
Proud member of the Georgia Meat Hunter's Association
"Shooting tomorrow's trophy's...today"
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Welcome, what ever you choose, you can't go wrong. We have a vixen, axiom and a vortex and wouldn't hesitate to shoot our biggest animals that we have with any of them. Good luck and keep us posted on what you choose. :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Deaf jeff

Post by Deaf jeff »

welcome aboard! there is a wealth of information to get from the members here . I have been a member for 3-4 years now and still learn/get new advice on a regular basis
IN GOD WE TRUST
Jeff
animals are killed, crops are harvesteD
REVX
matrix 355
BE executioners and zombies, w/110 brass
SWAT BROADHEADS
Boo string
Dagriz knife
rtravers44

Post by rtravers44 »

I`m a bow guy myself, got my wife an excalibur phoenix 4 years so she could spend more time chasing deer. I never really considered any other brand as I have had my compound bows come out of time/tune on more than one occasion and I figured it could certainly happen on any compound crossbow as well. In the 4 years me and my wife have shot the excalibur we have only gotten more accurate with it. I am incredibly impressed still with the quality of this crossbow and the customer service I have received on the 2 occasions an issued popped up. Excalibur stands by their product the way we wished all manufacturers would. I guess the point I`m getting to is you will not be disappointed by any Excalibur you chose.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I'm on my 3rd Excalibur, loved them all, and see another one in the near future. As said here already, you will be pleased with which ever model you choose. Welcome to the forum, and good luck.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
onebigskittle

Post by onebigskittle »

Welcome DryFire where are you from?
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Welcome to the forum . Hard to find a better crossbow than an Excal , the same goes for the forum members here !
DryFire

Post by DryFire »

onebigskittle wrote:Welcome DryFire where are you from?
I"m from the Missouri Ozarks, but currently living outside of St. louis.
I've been reading and researching the forum, quite a bunch of good folks and info.
I'm not very impulsive and tend to hold back until I know what I'm dealing with. I believe that my first purchase will be a used bow that has been taken care of.
Once I learn more, I'll be able to make an educated buying decision. I can't afford to make a $1,200 mistake.
For reference,I don't typically follow the crowd, I hunt geese with a Marlin bolt action 10 guage, squirrels with a side by side .410 double barrel, deer and bear with a .35 Whelen, and drive a VW diesel pickup that runs on filtered fry oil. I'm also the proud black sheep of my family,,LOL.
Thank you all for the welcome posts, it's a nice way to start.
Last edited by DryFire on Mon Jun 23, 2014 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

Welcome to the Camp!
I just got my 355 and still outfitting it. other than alot of hunting and a little practice i chose Excalibur cause i'm going to have one bow, and i need it to be the best it can be. W/ any Excalibur you choose ya can't go wrong.
-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

Welcome, there's no wrong Excalibur's, lol.
I"m from the Missouri Ozarks
If you fill out a bit of your profile, your location will appear by your name in your future posts. The USA guru is Danny Miller @ [740] 483-2312, loves to talk xbows.... :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
DryFire

Post by DryFire »

I have yet to figure out how to update my profile. I've been looking for it.
mr meat

Post by mr meat »

Welcome!
vixen 11
exocet 175 with Aging custom stock #27
Exocet 175
exocet 200

matrix 355
Micro Camo 335
Micro Nightmare 335
380 Lynx