OT - falling apart / old age

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

agingcrossbower

Re: OT - falling apart / old age

Post by agingcrossbower »

Hang in there Mike. Getting old sucks but you have to keep on keeping on. Best of luck with the procedures coming up. Mike
Normous

Post by Normous »

Note To He Boys And Girls Here:
Get your name on Wabi"s custom call list soon for a Custom call, and if you ever don't like it or have buyers remorse I will buy it from you and pay shipping.

Personally, I think these calls have special hunters touch to them because arrowing a few nice bucks over the last 3 seasons using Mikes call leaves the corners of my lips raised when I look at them hanging over my TV.

A man like Mike with numerous health issues needs to take his mind off of problems and producing these Laminate and solid wood calls for us here just makes him happy and comfortable at the same time and that is what the Doc ordered.

I wish you well.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
wabi

Post by wabi »

Thanks for all the support! I don't plan on giving up, but being forced to slow down this much wasn't part of my plans to enjoy retirement. :lol:
Guess I'll have to adapt & overcome!
tammie wrote:.............. Real feel 106 here in Texas with high humidity,doing a lot of fishing right now.
Fishing is one thing I can still do without much pain and that's tonight's plan. I have the bait thawing (cut bait I stored in the freezer) and will head to the local lake to try to catch a few channel cats this evening. It's been hot here in Ohio this week, but today the temperature has been much cooler and some spotty rain showers are in the forecast, so I'll head out and get set up before dark. The left elbow might hurt if I have to reel a big one in, but I'm willing to suffer a bit to be outdoors. :lol: :lol: :lol:
wabi
Kegbelly

Post by Kegbelly »

Hang in there Wabi. Getting old does kind of suck but the alternative doesn't look like much fun either. Best wishes to you!
Matrix 380
18" Zombies, 400 gr w/ 125 gr Magnus Stingers & Lumenoks
Exomag
20" Zombies, 380 gr w/ 100 gr Magnus Stingers
Meat Hunter

Post by Meat Hunter »

I am of the firm opinion that inside of each of us old folks that there is a young folk screaming, "What in the hell happened?"

At age 70, the young folk inside me told me to go to Burning Man this year -- And I am.
Last edited by Meat Hunter on Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Hang in there! Never give up!
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
jody5252

Post by jody5252 »

I Hear ya', partner. Time waits for no one. Just do the best that you can. Just because you have to slow down, does not mean your done... Keep your chin-up and eyes on the horizon...
Exocet 200 & Micro 315 2219 Magnums-Flex Fletch SK200/300 Vanes-10 Point and Sightmark Scope-Single post quiver mts.-Vixenmaster/Trinity/8 pt.Flemish Strings-Dirt-Nap100/125 gr.-Lumenoks
rmamechanic

Post by rmamechanic »

Lymes Disease x2. My friends wife had all the same symptoms and was pretty much on her death bed. My friend finally just started coming down on the Doctors until they did the test, In two weeks she was back on her feet and is pretty much back to full throttle just one year later.
strum

Post by strum »

Mike im sorry to hear about your health..i was wondering why I haven't seen you post much..you are a valuable member here and we need your input so please get better man...
My wife and I will certainly lift you up in prayer .
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Oh that sucks royally! :( So very sorry to hear things are rough for you.

Am hoping you'll receive a proper diagnosis and appropriate treatment followed by renewed health!

Hang in there and hang out here when you can!!!!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Sorry to hear you are not feeling well , Hang in there the Dr's will get things figured out.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

My Unkle used to say 'the shotgun gets heavier every year and the corn fields get muddier'.

Took me 50 yrs to figure it out, lol. Best wishes, Mike!
"Eze 18:21"
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

get well soon mike deer are waiting. got one of your calls last year (awsome) just did the cat scan my self wed had gallbladder op. 6mo agao still have pain in that spot getting old is a rough road but just keep on driving. good luck my friend
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Mike mornin, yer goin thru a tuff time of yer life wid the health issues, prayers fer you n healin. Alot of us knowed what yer goin thru.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....I feel your pain Mike...I had given up hunting and was pretty much done with it...if it wasn't for my two boys who coaxed me back in....my body just couldn't take the early mornings and treks through the woods...bad knee and torn cartilages in both shoulders....they bought me a Barnett Xbow and that was it to get me back in...now we each have a M380 and I am back full steam....

Keep the faith Mike...I would definitely discuss the Lyme Disease angle with your doctor...and keep doing the things that you love like crafting calls, fishing and occasional hunting as the body allows....

Best regards,

Anthony :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings