Additional Tags

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Ben S.

Additional Tags

Post by Ben S. »

I hunt in Area 93. It looks like there are no additional tags for my area or any other area in the 90's. Does anyone know if that is definitely the case?? I heard they weren't giving out extra tags because of the die off due to the bad winter.
Carnivorous

Re: Additional Tags

Post by Carnivorous »

Ben S. wrote:I hunt in Area 93. It looks like there are no additional tags for my area or any other area in the 90's. Does anyone know if that is definitely the case?? I heard they weren't giving out extra tags because of the die off due to the bad winter.
Its 100percent true... I hunt 92B and no extra tags for us either. Now I am wondering if they will cut back on the controlled hunter numbers as well. That will really be a downer!!!

Michigan here I come... LOL!!
Jeff
A touch of frost has heightened your awareness and your heart steadily beats in anticipation. Your senses are suddenly alert to the movement on the forest floor and you realize that the moment of truth is at hand.
JUDGE

Post by JUDGE »

It makes no sense I have seen more deer in 94 B and 92A this year while Turkey hunting then in the past 4 years.
Retired from the Working World

MICRO 355
50 CAL Traditions Pursuit
Mosburg 100ATR 30-06
Henry Lever 22lr
Mosburg 500
Savage 243
catcher

Post by catcher »

I've talked to MNR about tag cut backs before , their data is 3-4 years behind . It has nothing to do with recent weather etc , it is from the reports and data received from hunters and field staff from years previous . So last years winter kill etc will effect your licences in the future. It is a huge problem with the MNR that us as hunters were trying to address with them , but with cutbacks etc it is unfortunate they can not get the current data calculated in time for current herd populations .
Matrix Blackout 380
TriggerTech
Phoenix
STS
Boo custom strings