HHA Optimizer Setup

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ELLIS

HHA Optimizer Setup

Post by ELLIS »

G'day,

I am in the process of setting up my HHA Optimizer for 3D. Here is my question, do you folks that own one use the yardage tape that matches your bow or just the set up tape and you have figured out what number on that works out dead on to a particular yardage? I want to use the most accurate way and not have to reinvent the wheel.

Cheers.
Equinox (2011)
Leupold VX-2 3-9x33mm Ultralight EFR Scope
HHA Optimizer
TriggerTech Target Trigger
OFAH Member
VixChix

Re: HHA Optimizer Setup

Post by VixChix »

Use the set-up tape. Follow the instructions on the packaging for how to shoot to find the correct tape for your bow. Takes a little time but it's worth it.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
ELLIS

Post by ELLIS »

Thanks for your reply. I guess I should have explained my self more in my first post.

I have already determined the tape that SHOULD work according to HHA's instructions. I am after the most accurate way of using the optimizer.

HHA has a set up video that shows the shooter (using a 360 fps bow) hitting the ten ring of a dear (closer to its edge that the eleven) at sixty yards and calling it good enough. Then after applying the yardage tape he practiced shooting other animals at various distances (29, 37 and 45 yards) still using a rifle rest and bench. All hits were in the ten ring. Now maybe this person couldn't shoot well and a ten would still get you a kill if one was a hunter and that is good enough .... but I am after any eleven I can get, hence my initial question.

Another video shows a shooter (using a 320 fps bow) setting up his optimizer and nailing a dot on his target the size of a Loonie at various distances after that.... I don't know which to believe.
Equinox (2011)
HHA Optimizer
OFAH Member
paulaboutform

Post by paulaboutform »

You're accuracy will depend upon your equipment and your ability. I'm shooting sub two inch groups at 80yards. However, I'm using a lead sled and all my arrows are grain matched and that's with a Leupold VX-R 3-9X40Ballistic Firedot Reticle. Trigger Tech 1.5lbs Target Trigger, custom Boo String. You get what I'm saying. Follow the instructions EXACTLY. The better your twenty and sixty yard marks are, the more accurate your tape will be. Good luck. I LOVE my Optimizer. :wink:
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
offshore

Post by offshore »

X2 on love'n the Optimizer ! ! ! Very easy to use/setup and very accurate. Great piece of hardware.
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

VixChix wrote:Use the set-up tape. Follow the instructions on the packaging for how to shoot to find the correct tape for your bow. Takes a little time but it's worth it.
Or just call "Awshucks", he loves'em :lol: :lol: :lol:
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Paul, you're right! Dan sure likes those HHAs! :lol: :lol:

Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Getting the right calibration for your speed, and weight is the key. Like VixChix said, use the setup tape to get her dialed in, then swap it out. You can lay the various tapes next to your tested, and proven one to verify it matches. I don't have one, but watched my buddy set his up. We used the scope speed ring trick to get him dialed in, it took very few shots actually.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
flightattendant100

Post by flightattendant100 »

VixChix wrote:Paul, you're right! Dan sure likes those HHAs! :lol: :lol:

I heard he took 1st place in the " mount chunkin' " contest! :lol: :lol:
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I was just glad he didn't toss it into the "blue silos!"
ELLIS

Post by ELLIS »

Thanks for all of your input. Question asked and certainly answered!
Equinox (2011)
HHA Optimizer
OFAH Member
Masboy

Post by Masboy »

I find that none of the tapes matched perfectly for precise shooting at up to 80 yds . for me an my best arrows . I think it all depends on your arrow setup an I mark each yardage separate on a blank tape for precise shooting to be dead on at all my yardages.