Cracked limb

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

paulaboutform

Re: Cracked limb

Post by paulaboutform »

mactonto wrote:Drove 10hrs to go hunting with my buddies. I get to my tree cock my bow and crack gos the left limb... im not a happy camper because only 3 months earlier the tip broke off the same matrix 380. so this next set will be the third set of limbs going on my 1.5 year old bow.
Dang! That's horrible. I'm really sorry to hear that. I know they'll take care of it but that doesn't help your hunt much. :(
You're only paranoid if everyone isn't out to get you.
Keep your friends close and your enemies closer.
My enemy's friend is also my enemy.
colouredchameleon

Post by colouredchameleon »

***** 1.0 % ******** ???????
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

mactonto wrote:Drove 10hrs to go hunting with my buddies. I get to my tree cock my bow and crack gos the left limb... im not a happy camper because only 3 months earlier the tip broke off the same matrix 380. so this next set will be the third set of limbs going on my 1.5 year old bow.

1) Welcome to the forum, first time poster.
2) THATS TERRIBLE! :shock:
3) I would love to see a picture. My bows is about the same age...still ok
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Silverovertime

Post by Silverovertime »

Shot a big doe Monday last with my 405. Tuesday notices one of those inside edge splinters on one limb about two inches long, just missing running it right into my hand. Removed it and smoothed rough area a bit. Wednesday I am sitting in the blind and decide to slowly feel the limbs and damned if I don't feel a real half inch by wide by about a quarter inch deep legitimate crack on the front of the other limb about 2 inches from the limb bolts. Dawn took care of me right away and I am using one of my back bows for next week. I will take it to Woody's when I get back as I work about a mile from his shop. However, I am beginning to wonder if I am going to have to have a backup bow with me all the time as there seems to be a limb problem going on. Did the Matrix series limbs push the limits too far. I have an early one so were there any problems found or changes made that could lead me to trust the new limbs I will be getting any more?? There were not very many shots on this 405 either, probably less than 50 or 60! This is my 4th excal and first real problem. 380 is coming up to replace exomag with girlfriend tomorrow for use next week. You can bet I will be watching the 380's limbs very closely next week!!
Time to put another log on the fire!
Exocet 200
Exomax
Matrix 380
Matrix 405
Micro 335
monstermash

Post by monstermash »

I too am wondering if they haven't exceeded the limits? Or something changed in the process/manufacturing? :?
Matrix Mega 405