Thief is Back

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Starvin' Hillbilly

Re: Thief is Back

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

This is my wooden nickel,

Mr. Mike you live 30-40 minutes from any response time, thats if anyone is freed up on calls, including ambulance. You moved there to have your piece of heaven, to hunt. you gotta think . . . they live there to pull the $h1t they're doing and no cops around (whens the last time you seen a patrol unit? :shock: ) from about I44 to the arkansas line missouri is indian country (i can say that i'm Chickasaw) fellas, they live out there to get away w/ it cause they know they can, no consequences.

going to the residence . . . your stepping in his kill zone, his domain, and if he's an Alpha person you're not going to make a scrape in his yard- deer talk 8) , he'll be ready. A neutral place or a chance meeting on the road is better, its better if he's out of the truck (need to take him out of his comfort zone) Missouri has concealed carry now and everyone who thinks they need a gun, gots one.

I'd play to his ego, be dumb, let him know you're dumb, step up your surveillance double or triple cameras, hidden. don't say a word even to the wife,family or neighbors. The first time was food, a needy person maybe? this time they mocked you and took your camera (evidence) . . . in time you'll get him . . . its an all different type of hunt now.

I deal with this on a day to day basis, this is how i make a living.

-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Mike, be careful. Ken has a good point, actually several good points! Sounds like some ding a ling has no respect for civilized folk.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Normous

Post by Normous »

Well put Ken, Thanks.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
evaughan

Post by evaughan »

I solved a problem like this one time by whipping up some homemade caltrops. 4" framing spikes with the heads ground off. Bend 'em u-shaped and tack back to back with an arc welder. :wink:

In my case, the offender wound up with 4 flat tires on my property where he didn't belong. In your case, you could return the grin and tell him he'll have to prove theyre yours :mrgreen:
excal vortex w/ vari-zone
custom 2219's
BOO custom string
gobblestalker custom calls
WMU's 80,84,86
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

evaughan wrote:I solved a problem like this one time by whipping up some homemade caltrops. 4" framing spikes with the heads ground off. Bend 'em u-shaped and tack back to back with an arc welder. :wink:

In my case, the offender wound up with 4 flat tires on my property where he didn't belong. In your case, you could return the grin and tell him he'll have to prove theyre yours :mrgreen:
I took this approach roughly 40 years ago and it was successful but I do not recommend it today. Way to much liability here and your lightly to get sue up the As@. Just think what would happen if someone step on one. That person would own you. :shock:
strum

Post by strum »

Its just awful you have to deal with this Mike.
But I agree with some of the past posters. you need to go to the authorities on this one and get a report started. it could be that if an officer talks to him he will back off. getting the law on your side is the best step you an take.
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I have filled out report & the Deputy has talked to me. So right now its gonna be some cam pic takin.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

Your going the right route, he'll mess up one way or another then you got him, sure glad it's not me, you got more will power than I do.

Wes
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

Mark all your items in such a way that only you will know its marked. If its obvious he will grind off any trace of ID. I hope you get a pic of him and then the police find him in possession of your marked item(s)
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
amythntr

Post by amythntr »

....and I thought this only happened in Jersey ...I quit two hunting clubs because of this....one club was overrun by the local police department who were in cahoots with the state troopers....the locals would see flash lights and hear shots in the woods at night....they would call the local police and troopers who would contact their buddies in the woods to get out and hang low....they would show up to the complaining person's (who happened to be a retired police officer who recently moved to the area) home and show him they were looking around and of cause not find anything....

Finally "they" got tired of the retired policer officer calling in and reporting...he even accused them of what he felt they were doing....One day he was walking a path on the State Property above our Club property and a shot was fired over his head as a warning shot.....

A short time later he put a "for sale" sign on his property and he moved away...
deer became less and less on our property...which was ultimately sold to the state...

It is a shame of the lack of respect people have for other people's property...but I guess we shouldn't be surprised....with many people feeling entitled to anything and everything whether of not they have earned it!

Mike I hope there is a peaceful resolution to your extremely frustrating situation!

Anthony :D
In a tough situation and wonder where God is; ...the Teacher is always quiet during the test.

Anthony :D

A360 (l'Assassino)
AXE 340
Scorpyd DS (w/AeroCrank AD)
GRZ2
G1-NM335(On loan)
ZS,Ex
Spits
Vixenmaster Strings
Mo wannabe

Post by Mo wannabe »

VM. after reading all the advice u have recieved , I think it would be fun in the off season to try to lure him out where u could get his pic for the police It has give me ideas for my ground and similar problems. Matching wits with a person would be good practice for matching with a DEER ! :mrgreen:
Micro 335 Camo. Micro Nightmare. Vixen Matrix 310 Axiom
Leupold scopes VixenMaster Strings
Big john arrows. BOO strings & things
Montec g5
DaGriz knive
Less work.....more hunt
Derry Hicks
Excalibur only
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

He drinks beer? [old enough to know better]Tell him you've dug his grave......... :mrgreen:
"Eze 18:21"
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

awshucks wrote:He drinks beer? [old enough to know better]Tell him you've dug his grave......... :mrgreen:

To much work, make him dig his own grave.
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Gee thats way to much work fer an old fat man. If'en it comes to it. I will jus shoot him n let the Buzzards eat! :D
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
JPjunkie

Post by JPjunkie »

awshucks wrote:He drinks beer? [old enough to know better]Tell him you've dug his grave......... :mrgreen:
A true Midwestonian :mrgreen:
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things