Rage broadhead

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

wcbarker

Rage broadhead

Post by wcbarker »

I dont want to start a debate weather they are good or not. I just wanna know what rages can be used with crossbow. Or can I use the same as my compound
xcaliber

Re: Rage broadhead

Post by xcaliber »

I would go with the crossbow since they are made for them. i did have one blow open on me with the 70# Hoyt i was using at the time. Just my honest opinion.

Good Luck this season,
Dan
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
Normous

Post by Normous »

My Rage 3 experience has been 100% positive. I suggest checking your o-rings for rot and before loading them on deck check the blade seating in the o-ring to be 100% certain that they are seated.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

My brother killed 2 last year with the Rage 125 Crossbow head and I have to admit , I was impressed ! If you use them make sure you line the small arrow on the back of the shock collar with one of the blades . DONT put the blades in the slits in the shock collar .
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

I like the crossbow 125's, they fly great. :D
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Horizontal Hunter

Post by Horizontal Hunter »

I have a friend who shoots the 100g 2" (not the crossbow version) out of his Exomax. They have performed flawlessly for him on many deer and they make one helluva hole.

He shoots the same arrow I shoot.

Bob
Vegetarian: vejiˈte(ə)rēən/noun: old Indian word for lousy hunter.
Excalibur Exocet, GT Laser II, 2" Bhoning Blazers 125g NAP Spitfire
DuckHunt

Post by DuckHunt »

Normous wrote:My Rage 3 experience has been 100% positive. I suggest checking your o-rings for rot and before loading them on deck check the blade seating in the o-ring to be 100% certain that they are seated.
x2. I shot the 3-blade Rage out of my ExoMax before I ever shot it out of a compound bow. Deadly accurate and very deadly on target. You just have to use them exactly as designed. One blade not secured completely can ruin your day. This can be said for a lot of mechanical heads (ie. Spitfires). Its really easy to bump a blade loose.

DuckHunt
Micro Wolverine/Matrix 350 SE
Recovering Excalaholic :lol:
xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

I really think that is what happened with my mishap. I killed a few deer with them and always had good blood trails!
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!
8ptbuk

Post by 8ptbuk »

I've still got a pack of Rage heads on the trading post if anyone is interested . Thanks
James : 1 - 19-20 Know this , My beloved Brothers : Let every person be quick to hear , slow to speak , slow to anger , for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God .

8ptbuk's Flemish Strings
[email protected]
W.Miguire

Post by W.Miguire »

used them one year and was not to happy . sent them back and they sent me my money. :roll: like the NAP FOC bigger hole more blood :D
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

I have never seen a pass thru on Drury Bros. outdoors with these bh's, 9 out of 10 times you see the deer running off with half the arrow sticking out. I know folks get pass thus with them but makes me wonder how??.
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers
mattones

Post by mattones »

Although I shoot with a compound I love swackers. Same idea. I had to bow kills with them this year and the amount of blood was crazy! They didn't go very far
08 Diamond Justice
2015 Micro 335 -Custom Flemish String-Lumonzombies
Hester0305

Post by Hester0305 »

I've killed 13 deer with Rages with no loss of deer mostly were with 3 blades and a vertical bow. I haven't shot the crossbow heads but I did kill 1 deer with a 2 blade regular Rage with no issues at all. Out of my crossbow the 2 blade Rages flew better for me than the 3 blades. Good luck they cut a real nasty hole
Stryker Katana 360
Black Eagle Zombie Slayers
TruGlo Titanium X Hybrid Broadheads