HHA Optimizer Disappointment - RAIN!!!

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

ELLIS

HHA Optimizer Disappointment - RAIN!!!

Post by ELLIS »

Went to a 3D tournament yesterday in Madawaska Ontario. A huge rugged course. NICE. This was going to be my chance to use my new rig with the Leupold and HHA Optimizer.

Unfortunately it rained all day. Still had fun until halfway through the morning and my yardage tape's edges started lifting. It was wet under the plastic coating. Taking a careful look at it, it seemed that the paper setup tape's edges were soaked and were swelling. Added to that, the plastic film had stuck its self to my thumb when I move the yardage dial prior to a shot and a chunk of the yardage tape came off with it.

It looks like the HHA Optimizer is built for fine sunny weather only.

Does anyone here have a way of protecting the yardage tape from getting damaged in the rain?
Equinox (2011)
Leupold VX-2 3-9x33mm Ultralight EFR Scope
HHA Optimizer
TriggerTech Target Trigger
OFAH Member
VixChix

Re: HHA Optimizer Disappointment - RAIN!!!

Post by VixChix »

Terry (turkeylips here on the forum) shoots a lot of 3d and has been using a HHA for quite some time. He recently recommended runnning a layer of regular clear tape over the distance tape on the wheel and the trimming the edges to fit the wheel.

You should have received spare tapes with your HHA to replace the damaged one.

I've shot with mine in the rain & snow and have had the ends start to lift a bit. Not a huge issue.
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
ELLIS

Re: HHA Optimizer Disappointment - RAIN!!!

Post by ELLIS »

G'day VixChix,

When I get a replacement tape I will run a strip of clear packing tape around the whole dial.

The yardage tape has dried flat again over night. The pain is that a chunk of the tape is now missing due to the surface plastic coating sticking to my thumb and pulling away. :(

Other than that, love the new set up. Now having to gap between chevrons was sooo nice. Using the Leupold's cross hairs after dialing in my yardage guesstimate was so much easier.
Equinox (2011)
Leupold VX-2 3-9x33mm Ultralight EFR Scope
HHA Optimizer
TriggerTech Target Trigger
OFAH Member