Vixenmaster/Smokepole Hall Seriously Injured

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

JPjunkie

Re: Vixenmaster/Smokepole Hall Seriously Injured

Post by JPjunkie »

I talked to him on the phone at the hospital the first day he was there and he sounded rough I told him I would give him a couple days to mend and I would call back when I get home from Church I will call him again and give you guys an update
Matrix 405 Boo string Big John arras Praise the Lord For all Things
youngguns

Post by youngguns »

Vixenmaster and family, our thoughts and prayers go out to you all, We hope for a speedy recovery!! Miss your input on forum, but rest assured all the ground angels on this forum who are praying for you , myself included will help you through this time!! Bless you brother!!!
A stupid question is a question never asked
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

JPjunkie wrote:I talked to him on the phone at the hospital the first day he was there and he sounded rough I told him I would give him a couple days to mend and I would call back when I get home from Church I will call him again and give you guys an update

Thanks for the update JP.
gabowman

Post by gabowman »

Prayers sent for vixenmaster and family. Here's hoping for a full and speedy recovery.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Evenin folks, i am in a motel room in West Plains. I will go to our place tomorrow. I am worn out eat up wid pain & got to get on here fer maybe an hr. 1st i was ck'in a string on my work table when some wind gusts jumped up. An old blackjack about 2' thru the butt broke off about 25' in the air. I heard a crack lifeted my head about the time 30' of the top hit me. I slide my head to my right as it hit n took me to the ground. I was jus in my shoes n boxer shorts, it slammed me on my back in the rocks. I stayed awake n got the top off my left side, used my right arm to pull myself up usin a sassafras. I started hollerin fer my Mrs to get me some help. Needless to say my left pinkie finger got broke on the tip. My left shoulder blade got broke, 11 ribs, 6 of them twice all on left side, 2 disc's 3 & 4, have very bad cuts scratches all over my left knee its severely sprained. Thank God i am alive, broke up yes but alive. I want to thank every Forum member that even took the time to read of Murphy's latest act of kindness to me. I will catch y'all tomorrow i need to sack out be hurtin. Thank you fer all the prayers n kindness
Last edited by vixenmaster on Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Great to see your post!!!!!!!

Some pretty serious injuries - glad you're still around and even able to hang out on the forum. Take care of yourself, rest, heal up!
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Good to hear you are out of the hospital and on the way home . Mike to survive an ordeal like that you have to be tougher than a bag of hammers !!
schultzy

Post by schultzy »

Get Well soon Vixenmaster. Deer season is upon us :D
Hi5

Post by Hi5 »

After reading your post I almost convinced myself to move so far north I will be taller than any tree found there. Almost. It'd just be too darned cold, or I'd think seriously about it.

Mend quickly and fully.
"Gun Control Laws"--trying to nag criminals into submission.
Waif

Post by Waif »

A long whistle to follow reading your account. :shock: I lost a shoving contest with a sixty ton crane and it still haunts so got a taste of your pain but you are way ahead at the moment I,m sure. Hang in there. Long time healin and a year to know what's left to work with. Any progress on an electric start genny?
Axiom.S.M.F.
S5s,cheek piece,firebolts, Original Rocket Steel heads.
Bushnell yardage pro on Excalibur mount.

Exomax.
Hawke 1.5-5x32ir SR.
Easton xx75,s 2219. Bolt-cutters.
Bunch of bumpers.
Vixenmaster! string.
JUSTANUFF

Post by JUSTANUFF »

Michael,,,,I am glad that you are still with us (it could have gone the other way) and that you are your road to recovery,,,your body is broken but I know your spirit isn't,,,you take it slow and easy,,,Amigo.God be with you and your family through this tuff time!
Cub *TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Cub-Pow)
308 Short Banshee* TactZone * Trigger Tech (AKA Shorty)
Magnus Buzz Cuts * Mad Hornets
Gold Tip Laser II's 16.5 386grn
BE Executioners 16.5 405grn
Miller Top Quiver Mounts
Boo string
automated11

Post by automated11 »

Havent been on here for a while, Just saw this post. Get well soon Mike! Those tick toters are waitin.
Super Vixen - AKA Matrix 355 with Vixen II Stock
Buggy Bumpers
Gold Tip Laser 4 Arrows with Swhacker 125 Heads
Miller Quiver Mount
Leupold Shotgun Scope (Miller)
Flemish String

Micro 355 Tact-zone Package, soon to be modded.
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

Mornin good ppl. update of this here old worn out coon. :) I am doin well wid pain management, i still can't sleep in my bed as ribs hurt to bad. I am able to walk 200 yds now round trip. No i have not tried to cock or shoot any of my beloved crossbows. Although jus touchin one makes me feel young n giddy, :lol: I am mendin.
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
agingcrossbower

Post by agingcrossbower »

vixenmaster wrote:Mornin good ppl. update of this here old worn out coon. :) I am doin well wid pain management, i still can't sleep in my bed as ribs hurt to bad. I am able to walk 200 yds now round trip. No i have not tried to cock or shoot any of my beloved crossbows. Although jus touchin one makes me feel young n giddy, :lol: I am mendin.
Great to hear Mike. Keep on keeping on. Wish you the best. :D
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Just visiting the forum for the first time in a while . . .some bad happenings on here! Glad to see you were tougher than the tree! Hang in there buddy! A deer probably pushed that tree . . .don't let 'em git you Mike.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen