Boofest 2014

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Boo

Boofest 2014

Post by Boo »

Well Boofest was a lot of effort but well worth it! I got to see a whole whack of people smiling, connection names with faces, rekindling friendships and making new friends! It was great, right down to the last moment! It was sad watching everyone leave!
I was kinda surprised that until now there was only one person complaining. I expected more and I expected it to come from earlier Boofests.
The complaints were that it wasn't run right, that there should be a committee to run it and that there was no prizes for the 3D shoot :shock:
I have no idea who it was and I don't want to know.
So let's keep in mind that while it is my party, my land, my money and my efforts I am open to suggestion. However, there will be no committee.
That being said, let us have an open discussion on what you all would like to see at Boofest next year. Facilities, activities, dates, prizes and basically everything is up for discussion. If I don't know what is missing or done totally wrong, I can't fix it!
I really would like to see someone south of the border organize transportation to make it easier for us to see more of our southern brothers and sisters. If one or more individuals could just keep tabs on the location of members who have room in their vehicles that would like to come up that would really be great! Shared rides means shared gas and maybe shared driving!
I am totally happy with this years event. I am not distressed at one person's whining, but I wish they would turn the whining into constructive criticism. If there is something you didn't like please, please, please tell me! I want to hear it!
BTW, to whom it may concern. 3D prizes for placement were planned, but the targets were not good enough to score.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
one shot scott

Re: Boofest 2014

Post by one shot scott »

Mind ya, i was absent this year, but I tend to think of boofest as a gathering of like minded folks, out for a weekend of fun

Parts of It have morphed into a fund raiser (which is awesome) for those who need help.

If you keep both of the above in mind, there is NOTHING to complain about!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

Don , I have nothing but compliments for yourself and your superhuman wife . :)
I personally liked the no score 3-d . Me and dad shot it like a real hunting shot placement game .
If we get any bigger you are going to have to use the fields next door . :lol:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
Boo

Post by Boo »

Doe Master wrote:Don , I have nothing but compliments for yourself and your superhuman wife . :)
I personally liked the no score 3-d . Me and dad shot it like a real hunting shot placement game .
If we get any bigger you are going to have to use the fields next door . :lol:
Thanks Kev, Karin really is the best!
Unless there is a marshall with every group how do you stop people from pacing or using a range finder? Then there's pencil whipping! :lol: :lol: :lol:
As far as more room, I could have bush hogged more land and the great big lump of soil to the east of the barn can be moved anytime. I am stock piling soil for my raised bungalow that will be in the north west part of the grassy area. That soil removal will give us all lots more room. We could put all the Cpap users further away! :lol: :lol: :lol:
BTW, it was awesome to meet your mom and dad!
Normous

Post by Normous »

I want to add that I have not heard one complaint about Boofest in the last 4 years. If it ain't broken...
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
Boo

Post by Boo »

Come on boys, let's hear it! How about the shower. I got to tell you guys that it was only used about 15 times which tells me that some of you were dirty :shock: maybe even smelly :mrgreen:
What would have made the shower more appealing?
one shot scott

Post by one shot scott »

"what makes showers more appealing"?

thats a question better left unanswered!!

it aint irish spring!
*thumbhole vixen*original relayer*y25relayer*matrix380-
Boo

Post by Boo »

one shot scott wrote:"what makes showers more appealing"?

thats a question better left unanswered!!

it aint irish spring!
Well, for you Neil, I'll supply the engine shampoo! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Big John

Post by Big John »

I see nothing wrong with any Boofest so far!
As far as the committee comment goes, it was started on the Forum before Boofest, and after , and can easily be found with whom it started. Then it was picked up on by others, at Boofest. Another instance of ball rolling.
I am well aware of who's party it is and the Strength of Super Karen! If help is ever needed I would be honoured to help more. The bottom line is, some have forgotten its Boofest at Boo's arranged by Boo, not Excaliburfest arranged by Excalibur.
Keep up the supreme job you two are doing, and if you require help, just ask.

Big John

I heard it said more than once there, and also said I would be more than happy to help.
Phoenix - 375 gr. BEE's (babyneilsons)
Micro 315 - 410 gr. Zombies/Lumenoks
Micro 355. - Punisher-Zombies/Lumenoks

Arrowmaker - Retired
[email protected]
munch

Post by munch »

don i love the idea of no score 3d they have the regular club events most sundays all summer if its a score you want. and i never take them serious .i had far more fun shooting with our half wit group than any other 3d ive been too.
only complaint i have is there was no friday night fish fry and if it works for you next year ill get there early friday and do that so no one has to worry about what they are going to cook friday when they arrive .

i almost forgot i dont think i payed you the normal club fee of $15 or $20 to fill your targets full of holes .can i just pay you twice next year :mrgreen:
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

I think that under the circumstances (3 days of people hanging out and shooting at leisure) it would take a bit more work & regulation to run a 3D where scores are kept. One of the biggest issues would be that people would casually walk the course for fun, then shoot for scores.

I think it works fine the way it is. It's a GREAT way for people to discover how much fun 3D can be without any pressure.

We had a mixed group - some were more experienced at 3D than others. For those who thought they might miss, we had them shoot last, then had them say what they thought the distance was and one of us would tell them if they'd hit it or miss it. We kept score and competed among ourselves. It worked.

We thoroughly enjoyed it. If were wanted to score for medals we'd shoot at an official OAA shoot. This is BooFest - which is about fun first! :D
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Doe Master
Site Admin

Post by Doe Master »

In this era of using rangefinders for hunting . Why take them away from a person who wants to always make a ethical shot .
I agree Munch . This shoot was very fun just shooting . :)
My suggestion is that John being the Complaints department rep. :shock: :lol:
Prone est ut nos es plurimus periculosus
maine hunter

Post by maine hunter »

Let me first say we love boofest!!!! We wouldn't spend 15 hours driving to come up there if we didn't. Myself, I wouldn't change a thing. Well maybe one thing. Boo could you put a mint on our pillows every morning??? Seriously, boo and Karin Are very special people and we thank them for everything they do. :D :lol:
355 matrix, big johns arrows- zombieslayers, g5 montecs, strikers. Vortex big johns arrows- zombieslayers g5 montecs 125. Lumenoks.
Cookies

Post by Cookies »

no need for a committee, we have you and Karin. All you need to do is ask if you need help.

This was my third year attending. There has not been official prizes for the 3D course that I am aware of. It's all about heckling each other. You, Craig and Joel did an amazing job expanding the course this year. My only wish was to be able to have more time to shoot the course.

The 3D course prizes are from donations, they are placed on a table and everyone that shot the course is able to pick a prize.

It saddens me to think someone complained. You and Karin are great host and are always making sure everyone is taking care of.

Knowing that you and Karin are putting this on makes all the diference in how it is run. In speaking with the Excalibur folks there they were even impressed with the course and how friendly everyone was. You put an event like this into a companies hand and everything changes( I don't like corporate change).
Proud owner of a Vixen II Pink Camo and a Matrix 310, Matrix Bulldog 330, Big John Custom Black Eagle Arrows (Zombie Slayers), Custom Boo Strings, G5 Pink Broadheads, Lumenoks
munch

Post by munch »

maine hunter wrote:Let me first say we love boofest!!!! We wouldn't spend 15 hours driving to come up there if we didn't. Myself, I wouldn't change a thing. Well maybe one thing. Boo could you put a mint on our pillows every morning??? Seriously, boo and Karin Are very special people and we thank them for everything they do. :D :lol:
kevin he did put mints on your pillow .they just looked so good he ate them himself. please tell gena im down to the last 3 peanut butter balls i may be down lol
PUT IT IN THE BAG MARLIN ( #$%^ you it"ll bite)
BAD NEWS TRAVELS FAST
[email protected]
munchmounts channel utube
munchmounts facebook