Boofest 2014

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

VixChix

Re: Boofest 2014

Post by VixChix »

cdn.redneck wrote:-no 3D group listing and timing
hey - you were one of the "lucky" ones who shot with our little group! Are you saying you'd rather have been assigned another group?!?!??!? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
one eye joe

Post by one eye joe »

How about buying some land in Texas and having a Boofest south? It is just a bit far for some of us to get up there, although I would sure enjoy the chance to meet some of you folks and see some of that country. Sounds like a great time and I sure wouldn't change something that isn't broke.
Ibex (The Terrible)
Dan's (xcalibur) strings
DCA arrows
Swacker broadheads
cdn.redneck

Post by cdn.redneck »

good thing i was with you, all your arrows would still be there :mrgreen:
but what's wrong with a group of 8 shooters... nothing but fun and good laugh.
Leupold crossbones
Mathews Monster 7.0
Black Eagle - Carbon Express - Easton
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

Don , I truly enjoy the way it is , layed back informal and fun .

To help out the charity end maybe we could brain storm and come up with a few novelty shoots to raise a few $$
ComfyBear

Post by ComfyBear »

Don and Karin you have to be commended on how this year's Boofest unfolded. Both Anne and I enjoyed ourselves and thank you for your gracious hospitality.

As far as complaints, considering all the time and effort needed to pull off such an event, one single solitary complaint doesn't amount to a hill of beans. As for the one complaining, if they think they can do better, let them try. :roll:

It's easy to complain, however making suggestions takes more thought and effort. From my perspective, Boofest has grown and improved with each passing year. For instance, the expansion of the 3D course, the increased number of raffle prizes and the additional and placement of the toilets are just a few examples.

Is there room for improvement, of course. I for one would like to see "ALL" guests pickup after themselves. There is no excuse for leaving cans and bottles strewn on the grass. Also, I don't think it would be too much to ask owners to "stoop'n scoop" after their own pets, instead of leaving the job solely to you Don.

Another suggestion, which I think would be helpful, is to provide a bin/oil drum where the paper towels from the toilets could be disposed, instead of them being dumped in and filling up the toilets.

If I can think of any other suggestion, I'll let you know.
ComfyBear
Micro Axe 340, Matrix 380, Matrix 355, Matrix 350, Exocet 200
ComfyBear Strings
G5 Montecs 125gr., SlickTrick 125 gr. Magnums

To thine own self be true.
Remove thine mask Polonius.
Live thy truth, doth not be false to any man.
Lady Di

Post by Lady Di »

On behalf of Old Buck and myself, thank you.!!!I have been getting reports for years and finally got to see it up close and personal.My only complaints were for myself and not being able to participate more but we will work on correcting those in the next year. Always knew it was a good bunch of people but now we have a face to go with them.Thank again and hope to see everyone next year. :D :D
XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX »

Unfortunately I was unable to attend as, I had just returned from Texas and to top it off had to admit the wife into the hospital for a blood clot in her heart, ... BUT I sincerely wish to attend one day.

Now as to the complaints ... You Have Got To Be Kidding Me! I kind soul offers up his time, money, land, and etc on top of etc to throw a get together / party and someone has the audacity to complain about not having prizes for a 3d shoot and the need for a committee to run things! I think not! Not sure how it's done in your neck of the woods, but here in Ga (yeah way south) we respect our hosts and are extremely grateful for whatever they do or provide for us. Geesh, it was not a company run shindig, it was a friend to all inviting you up to have some fun.

I may be way out of place here, and if I am excuse me .. as we in the south (well for the most part) tend to take offense at disrespect and complaining over something that was offered in kindness.

Boo, brother I understand it brings up questions if there is more that can be done or improved, but please pay no heed to such complaints. You and only You (well and your kind wife :) ) should be in charge of what happens on your property and at Your Party! If I ever do get to come you can bet I will not be complaining about anything you have setup.

Sorry, for the rant on something I did not even get to attend, but it just sort of chaps my rear to here something like that, especially after all the time, money and effort that you put out to host such a gathering, not to mention what you do for this community.

BTW, if you wish me to remove this I will, but none the less it is how I feel.

Peace to all.
Assassin 360 Strata
BEA Zombie Slayer - BEA Executioner
Boo/VixenMaster/Xcaliber/NCHunterKW Strings
Boo

Post by Boo »

XcaliburFX wrote:Unfortunately I was unable to attend as, I had just returned from Texas and to top it off had to admit the wife into the hospital for a blood clot in her heart, ... BUT I sincerely wish to attend one day.

Now as to the complaints ... You Have Got To Be Kidding Me! I kind soul offers up his time, money, land, and etc on top of etc to throw a get together / party and someone has the audacity to complain about not having prizes for a 3d shoot and the need for a committee to run things! I think not! Not sure how it's done in your neck of the woods, but here in Ga (yeah way south) we respect our hosts and are extremely grateful for whatever they do or provide for us. Geesh, it was not a company run shindig, it was a friend to all inviting you up to have some fun.

I may be way out of place here, and if I am excuse me .. as we in the south (well for the most part) tend to take offense at disrespect and complaining over something that was offered in kindness.

Boo, brother I understand it brings up questions if there is more that can be done or improved, but please pay no heed to such complaints. You and only You (well and your kind wife :) ) should be in charge of what happens on your property and at Your Party! If I ever do get to come you can bet I will not be complaining about anything you have setup.

Sorry, for the rant on something I did not even get to attend, but it just sort of chaps my rear to here something like that, especially after all the time, money and effort that you put out to host such a gathering, not to mention what you do for this community.

BTW, if you wish me to remove this I will, but none the less it is how I feel.

Peace to all.
Without question, I took zero offense. It takes a whole bunch more to peeve me Vic. Maybe a lack of respect but I'm still a learning too. Still, something good comes of the comments.
Vic, I hope you guys can make it up here! I'm still looking for someone to coordinate rides and transportation
Some people just like stepping on rakes
XcaliburFX

Post by XcaliburFX »

I'd love to come one day and I am sure the wife would, but be forewarned she can talk a stump in to taken up it's dead roots and moving. ;) Aw, but she is indeed a sweetheart. :)
Assassin 360 Strata
BEA Zombie Slayer - BEA Executioner
Boo/VixenMaster/Xcaliber/NCHunterKW Strings
TPM

Post by TPM »

Don, Boofest keeps getting better every year. I enjoy shooting my crossbow and I thought the 3D course was awesome. I love the fact that it was a non scoring event. It was a great opportunity to socialize and shoot with people we only may see once our twice a year. The experiences were "prize" enough. The distance shoot offered a good opportunity for a little friendly competition and I love the fact it was unknown distances this year.
Can't think of much I'd like to see changed. I like your idea of someone to help coordinate rides for those who have to travel from afar. There seems to be a great interest from a number of people who would love to attend but distance is an obstacle for them. Wish I had a million bucks to buy them all plane tickets.
BTW, the glow sticks on the outhouse doors were a brilliant idea. :D
The most important blood trail leads to the Cross...

Phoenix
HHA Optimizer
Hawke scope
Boo strings
Boo tuned trigger
Bwnro girl

Post by Bwnro girl »

It being my first year at Boofest I have nothing bad to say about it. I absolutely enjoyed myself. I really liked the fact that is was just a fun shoot. The group that I shot with was such a fun group and we had a blast out there joking around. No one even laughed when I lost an arrow. If you want to be serious about scoring high then I say go to a 3D shoot at your local clubs. As for Don and Karin you guys are amazing and made everyone so welcome. Keep up the good work. Munch and I would be so willing to do the fish fry on the Friday night next year. That is if he will let me tag along again.
UPSMAN

Post by UPSMAN »

My only complaint would be that I wasn't able to attend. :( :( :( Lord willing,and if the creek don't rise, I'll be there next year. I'll be the Redneck in the robe. :lol: :lol: :lol:
2015 Matrix 380 Blackout (The Black Pearl)
Zombie Slayers
Muzzy Trocar-Bad to the Bone
Boo String
Normous

Post by Normous »

Your robe can be a donated prize next year.
EXCALFFLICTION 1991 ->>----------> 2024
Matrix 355
Huskemaw and Leupold crossbow optics.
Boo Strings
SWAT BH's and TOTA heads.
Teach Your Family How To Hunt So You Don't Have To Hunt For Your Family
VixChix

Post by VixChix »

Normous wrote:Your robe can be a donated prize next year.
AUCTION!!!! :mrgreen:
Vixen, Micro 315, HHA Optimizer, Boo & VixenMaster strings, Munch Mounts, Dr. Stirrup accessories.
Boo

Post by Boo »

VixChix wrote:
Normous wrote:Your robe can be a donated prize next year.
AUCTION!!!! :mrgreen:
Oh yeah! No question! :mrgreen: I bet it will bring a few bucks! :shock:
Some people just like stepping on rakes