Weight Removal

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

joel0711

Weight Removal

Post by joel0711 »

Just got an equinox 225#. I like the overall feel but that extra weight out front of the disappator bars and s5's sure makes it feel lots heavier than my carved limb exocet. Has anyone taken the bars and s5's off and been just as happy ???
Tom

Re: Weight Removal

Post by Tom »

The Disappator Bars and the S5's are basically just sound suppressors. If you are not worried about sound, then you should not have any problems with removing them from the bow. Thought the Bars do also offer some protection on a dryfire as they will absorb some of the limb energy, but after the dryfire then should be replaced as they will be bent.

Others might have a more in depth comment then mine.

Tom
Tom
[img]http://hometown.aol.com/wingbonecall/images/turkey.gif[/img]
Boo

Post by Boo »

Removing DB bars The S5s are a good thing to leave on your bow.
The length of the bow is what is creating the greatest impression that it is heavy.
Some people just like stepping on rakes
cevans

Post by cevans »

I took the bars off and also the quiver and arrows. Leave the S 5 system on in my opinion. I use a hip quiver and sometimes a backback quiver for my arrows. With both the quiver of arrows and DB bars off,,my Exomax is quite lighter. Don't care about the little noise created as fast as the bow shoots. Wacked quite a few deer with the setup and they never know what hits them even out to 40 yds.
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Stalking is the game! Stand Hunt too.
awshucks

Post by awshucks »

but after the dryfire then should be replaced as they will be bent.
Not always true, Tom.....
"Eze 18:21"
foofoo

Post by foofoo »

when i had mine i took both the diss pads and s5 off. i installed a dry fire unit and smaller scope. i also took the quiver mount off.i would carry my quiver or tie a piece of camo cord to sling it over my back.you can also add a small piece of picatinny rail and throw a handle just in front of the forearm using the old quiver mount holes. using the handle helps to balance the weight and makes it feel lighter. the tac pac handle was too heavy for me. wish they would sell just a small pievce of rail just to mount a handle. you can get lighten up things but the equinox is a big boy for sure.