Dead Ringer Broad heads

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

884savage

Dead Ringer Broad heads

Post by 884savage »

Anyone using Dead Ringer broad heads? The whitetail freaks are intriguing me. I'd like to hear some thoughts from guys that may have shot them. I personally don't mind using a rubber band, and these blades look like they would kill a deer even if they failed to open at all. I shoot a Matrix 380, so any experience with that or the 405 would be really great to know if they can handle those velocities. Thanks guys. I've loved this forum since I got my bow a month ago. I love the 380 as well. It's my first crossbow, and I'm still not over the accuracy.
Fred T

Re: Dead Ringer Broad heads

Post by Fred T »

They appear to be very well designed mechanicals according to reviews and test vids Ive seen.On the basis of the good reports I ordered a 3 pak of the Rampage 2 blade 2" to try.They call them hyrids because they have a 7/8" cut even before blades open.If by chance they failed to open they would still do some damage.I'm hoping the minimal surface area will get them flying closer to my field points than my fixed blade Muzzy MX 3's and Slick trick mags.
Ibex SMF-S5-TactZone-BE Zombies/blazers
Wasp Jak Knife,Drone.
Vixenmaster string.
mchurch

Post by mchurch »

I tried the 3 blade 100 grain out of my 405 and they opened in flight.
Excalibur Revx
Hawke Xb 30 pro
16.5 inch wyverncreations.com zombie slayers
SWAT juggernaut broadhead
Riflemanz

Post by Riflemanz »

Try 2 bands on them, I shoot the hammerheads w 2 bands out of my 355 with great results.
Team Matrix 355
Matrix 355 The Crusher
TT 2 stage trigger
Executioner arrows
Easton XX75 magnums 2219
Xcaliber custom string
Boo Custom String
Vixenmaster Custom string
8ptbuk string
Rocket 3 blade 2" cut
Slick tricks
HSS Vest 30' lifeline
bob watkins

Post by bob watkins »

i used them on the last deer i shot, fly good had a decent blood trail. not crazy about banded bh n ow at 45.00 for three try grizz trick 2 ram cats these are out of my 380 jmo
sumner4991

Post by sumner4991 »

Get some dental elastics . . .they are far better than the average rubberband.
I'd rather wear out than rust out.
Perception trumps intention.

2006 Exomax w/Agingcrossbower Custom Stock
20" Easton Powerbolts w/125gr Trophy Ridge Stricknines & 2"Blazers
Boo Custom Strings
2006 Vixen
Starvin' Hillbilly

Post by Starvin' Hillbilly »

sumner4991 wrote:Get some dental elastics . . .they are far better than the average rubberband.
or, pending on where you live go to an autoparts store and ask to see their "O" rings. they got different sizes and thicknesses jus get you a few and try'm out. you can adjust the thickness to your speed/ torque by going to the next +/- size and if they can handle hydraulic fluid they can handle a little sunshine/weather

-ken
You see, in this world there's two kinds of people, my friend: Those with loaded guns and those who dig. You dig.-Blondie,
The good, the bad, the ugly
strum

Post by strum »

Starvin' Hillbilly wrote:
sumner4991 wrote:Get some dental elastics . . .they are far better than the average rubberband.
or, pending on where you live go to an autoparts store and ask to see their "O" rings. they got different sizes and thicknesses jus get you a few and try'm out. you can adjust the thickness to your speed/ torque by going to the next +/- size and if they can handle hydraulic fluid they can handle a little sunshine/weather

-ken
man .if I had to go thru al that to get a BH to work im done with it :(
Slick Tricks all the way baby :D :D
Micro RTX
Nikon Bolt XR
BEE Arrows
Slick Trick Magnum
Unshot Beta Chrony
John3:16
Limbs and Sticks

Post by Limbs and Sticks »

strum wrote:
Starvin' Hillbilly wrote:

-ken
man .if I had to go thru al that to get a BH to work im done with it :(
Slick Tricks all the way baby :D :D

It's like buying a car you have to fix.
"Maxine"
1.75x5 Burris scope
Boo string
STS
Feathered easton 2020's
Magnus stingers