Fusions versus Blazers

Crossbow Hunting

Moderator: Excalibur Marketing Dude

Backstraps

Fusions versus Blazers

Post by Backstraps »

Is anybody using the 2.1" Norway Fusion vanes in their Arizona EZ fletch instead of the Blazers. I have heard the Fusions are stiffer and work well with a heavy helical but wanted to get some opinions on them before I invested in some. My Blazers have always performed well and I still have a bunch but always looking for a better mousetrap.
Matrix Grizzly
Vixenmaster strings
100 gr. Magnus Heads
BEE .001
AAE Max Stealth Vanes
Cossack

Re: Fusions versus Blazers

Post by Cossack »

I use both with no decerable difference. Helical works best on slower bows, like 300 fps and <.
Vortex, Phoenix, single-shot rifles and handguns.
Incurable tinkerer.
Why hunt? Simple, it's BASIC. Why breath?!
hankenhunter

Post by hankenhunter »

2 degree offset with helical seems to stiffin the blazers some what. I've never tried the fusion vanes but will if I find a good deal on them in the future.
Happy fletchin, :D
Hank
Solid19xX

Post by Solid19xX »

Will like to find out also as i will be doing my Arrows soon.
Micro 335_Black (Leupold Mark AR Mod1 SPR)
Matrix 330_Black (Leupold FXII 2.5x20)
Matrix 355_RealTreeX (TactZone)
Mathews ZXT_Black (SpotHogg Hunter)
Summit Viper SD
cevans

Post by cevans »

I have used the fusion vanes since they came out,,maybe a couple of years or three...i use a bitzenburger jig and don't see why a Arizona wouldn't work as well as its a good jig too. I put a slight helical on them to spin and never had a problem with the way they shoot and hold up and really like them. Super tight groups at 50 yds. weight of my arrow with point is 410 grains fletched. I don't use a lighted nock as they are great to see as well except in super low light conditions.
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

Stalking is the game! Stand Hunt too.
mbc4

Post by mbc4 »

i use both, for me they fly the same. the zeon r nice they show off your shot good, easier to find with flashlight. some people have trouble with adhesion, i went to super glue gel haven't had any more problems.
better an overkill than an underkill
vortex,vixenmaster string
2219s, abc steel sonics
Do not resent growing old. Many are denied the privilege.
Farmer

Post by Farmer »

I have had some issue with adhesion . Accuracy was the same as Blazers in my setup .
vixenmaster

Post by vixenmaster »

I have not tried the 2.1 Fusions. I do have some 3" that i have used wid me EZ fletcher in RH Helical. They have worked very well
Half Bubble Off BD360

[email protected] 417-505-9315
nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

I have also had adhesion problems with the Fusions and have a bunch. If anyone wants to try some, PM me and I'll send you some to try out (until I run out). Can't guarantee any colors. I've switched to the Rayzr feathers for this year. I like them a lot. They fly great, adhere well (I use Gateway G1 glue), and a feather acts like a feather no matter what temperature it is. Just gotta keep 'em dry.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
cevans

Post by cevans »

I used the Platinum Fletchtite glue on my fusion vanes to carbon arrows. Had them fletched for now almost 3 yrs. Never have had a problem with the glue or had a vane come off yet as still shooting the same 2 doz. arrows. I think the key is to make sure you wipe the cleaned arrow shaft down with acetone as well as the cannal of the fusion vane with a clean rag dipped with acetone and let it dry for about 30 seconds before you apply the glue to the vane. Fletched 1000's of dozens arrows in my lifetime this way and never had a problem. The vane has to be clean as well as the arrow shaft. Just my 2 cents.
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

nchunterkw

Post by nchunterkw »

It's been awhile since I tried them. I was cleaning everything with alcohol as you described before. I'll try some with acetone instead. I could get them to stick to carbon's as I recall and my trouble was on Al shafts. Tried Bluetop Gorilla glue and the G1 Glue from Gateway. But once I got them on, they were on. In comparison I had no trouble with Blazers, so I attributed it to the little channel the Blazer vane has vs. the Fusion just being flat.
Keith
Stand by the roads and look, and ask for the ancient paths; where the good way is,
and walk in it and find rest for your souls. - Jer 6:16

Micro 335 & 355
deerboyarchery.wixsite.com/trinitystrings
[email protected]
<{{{><
cevans

Post by cevans »

We even cleaned the channels of feathers before applying glue with acetone dabbed on a clean rag or strong paper towel by just gently wiping it down and not sloppy wet and let dry a few seconds before applying with fletchtite glue of which we always bought in a gal can and uploaded to our own plastic squeeze bottles. the fumes we created were invigorating while using a couple of 24" dia. circles of plywood with 18 bitzenburger jigs screwed down on them, spinning around on a turntable to each jig as well fletched. 3 setups like that, could work on 54 arrows at a time in constant motion fletching. On feathers, you wipe with the grain of the cut feather, not against it. Its a smoother wipe lightly.
Exomax w/S 5
Varizone
BE 20" Zombies
Slick Trick 100's

xcaliber

Post by xcaliber »

Love the Zeon Vanes, a bit of a trick putting them on, but they let you track the flight real well, especially in low light. I'm going to have to try the shield shaped Norway Fusion Vanes.
It’s not the way you rock, it’s the way that you roll!